BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 22, 2015 12:51 am  #1

How Benny likes his tea

Sorry if this has been posted before, but it made me smile, so I wanted to share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r78Fc_m-sg8

And remember: don’t stir and for all that is good and holy do not push the teabag with a spoon

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

February 22, 2015 10:48 am  #2

Re: How Benny likes his tea

Lol, that is so cute. He is adorable - and so, so English!

(And SO posh!).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 22, 2015 12:28 pm  #3

I like my tea like I like my men.  Strong, hot and British.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 22, 2015 12:48 pm  #4

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (February 22, 2015 12:53 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 22, 2015 1:00 pm  #5

..............and sometimes Irish.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 22, 2015 1:06 pm  #6

*Thuds at the thought*

Why do I suddenly crave a cuppa?

*goes searching for her extra big tea cups*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 22, 2015 1:45 pm  #7

Interesting. Despite going through a ceremony to become British we still don't drink tea. We are obviously not British enough yet.

February 22, 2015 3:52 pm  #8

I am British and don't really drink that much tea. Sometimes I feel ashamed of myself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 22, 2015 5:03 pm  #9

I am French and I drink way too much tea...maybe I should seek asylum in Great Britain

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

February 22, 2015 5:29 pm  #10

That was a lovely video!  You can just tell Ben cares deeply about his cuppa!!   He's put a lot of thought into what he likes and dislikes when it comes to tea. 

Both Dan and I love Earl Grey tea - just with a bit of milk in it (but we are perfectly happy to drink it without). 

Lately, we have been getting a special blend tea from a shop in town where they blend their own.  It's called "On the Waterfront" and has Rooibos, Peppermint and Spearimint leaves, Ginger, Apple and Almond pieces, and Hibicus, Rose and Osmanthus petals in it.  Really, really good. Loose leaf - so we out it in a tea ball.

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

February 22, 2015 5:44 pm  #11

I love everything English, but I have to shamely admit I do not like black tea. Earl Grey is the most boring and not good drink I can imagine. I can enjoy the occasional lemon or cinnamon tea, but it might go a year or two between each time I have a cup. 

I'm a coffee drinker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

February 22, 2015 6:11 pm  #12

I'm pretty much sitting in front of the house then, in the cold...
I always push my tea bags with a spoon. I like the way they "feel" :D Also I'm not very patient.

I love tea. Usually it's PG for breakfast, and then a mixed variety through the day... With black tea, I always add milk. I like it that every british household has got a kettle. Here everybody seems crazy about coffee. Drinking tea is like a bad habit - you cannot stop.

"It is what it is."

February 22, 2015 6:48 pm  #13

I'd never have thought of mixing Earl Grey and Lapsang Souchong, even though I like them both! 

February 22, 2015 9:16 pm  #14

Being American I do love coffee, but I also love tea and enjoy both depending on my mood.
Earl Grey is my absolute favorite with Irish Breakfast close behind.

Of course, being from the Southern United States, I adore sweet iced tea and have consumed gallons of it in my life.     I actually tried some Earl Grey iced once and it was lovely.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 22, 2015 9:20 pm  #15

Of course, I can drink a cup of Earl Grey if I'm given one, to be polite. So if Ben ever offered me a cup of what he considered proper tea, I would love to try it.

Team Hudders!

Board footera