BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 7, 2015 10:49 pm  #1561

Re: Free Rants

Maybe he behaves in a different way there?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 7, 2015 11:01 pm  #1562

It happened once that one my acquaintances came to repare something to the flat of my friends who had three or four electric appliances broken in a short time - and then five of his own devices broke right after (big ones like refrigerator and the like)... so no, these little monsters just like to cause havoc everywhere they happen to be placed. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 8, 2015 12:38 am  #1563

This isn't as much a rant as it's a WTF moment.

I've been prepping medical research equipment for a while for my work at the hospital... Not only has there been dried blood or plasma in some of the cases because they weren't washed properly (and I do it on my dinner table!!)

Yesterday I finally read on the box we're shipped the vials in.

"Warning, sterilized by radiation. Residue might remain"

Uhm. I keep a stack of those bags in my bedroom. 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (February 8, 2015 12:39 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 10, 2015 12:46 pm  #1564

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

"Warning, sterilized by radiation. Residue might remain"
Uhm. I keep a stack of those bags in my bedroom.

Ugh? I can absolutely understand the wtf, although I have no idea about the ways of sterilizing med equipment stuff... but I would definitely kick the stuff out of my bedroom... now that you know...?

Ok, my rant here:
I feel like the whole of Sherlock BBC becomes a Johnlock vs. non-Johnlock thing, and I'm becoming tired of it... because once, I thought there was so much more to it... and now it's so dominating... which I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't all over everywhere... here, tumblr... it's hard to avoid it. I just don't care about it so much. And I find it hard to voice frustration about it because it really feels like everybody is choosing a side. As if the series wasn't called "Sherlock" but "Will there be Johnlock?".
Rant over. No offense. Hang me.

oh, and second rant:
while acryl painting I got paint on my fav trousers. And people say it's water based paint and you can get it off - well, I can't

Last edited by Whisky (February 10, 2015 12:48 pm)

"It is what it is."

February 10, 2015 5:25 pm  #1565

Uhm, am I allowed to mention the name of the brand of cleaner you can take to get rid of acryl colour stains? I better write you a PM.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 10, 2015 8:12 pm  #1566

Trust me, I've put those bags back at work... Yikes!

I hope you get the paint off of your trousers! It's always my fear when I paint.

I'm a bit nervous... I'm on a lot of pain relief already and yesterday I started having severe pains from my guts, situated close to my navel. I can sort of feel something there too. 
Yesterday when it was started I was with patients and I almost fainted... it gets bad as soon as I stand or sit in certain ways. 
I do feel a bit warm, but not feverish. 

I've decided on calling my doctor in the morning and hear if it's anything to worry about. 

I am trying not to think of bowel cancer... that stupid thing killed half of my family. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 10, 2015 8:34 pm  #1567

I do not think that these are symptoms of bowel cancer. But you might go for regular check-ups if this is widespread in your family. A colonoscopy might be helpful to reassure you. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 10, 2015 9:01 pm  #1568

I should probably add, other than being on a strong daily dose of pain relief (for my back and hips) I have an abnormal high threshold for pain... so pain that makes me about to faint, panting for breath... well. It just worries me. 

I'd love to go for checkups... but I'm not allowed to yet. As soon as I turn 25 (which is this month) I'll need to have some blood tests done to see if I have the same faulty gene as most of my family, and then if I do I can get the check ups... 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (February 10, 2015 9:01 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 11, 2015 5:54 am  #1569

Whisky wrote:

Ugh? I can absolutely understand the wtf, although I have no idea about the ways of sterilizing med equipment stuff... but I would definitely kick the stuff out of my bedroom... now that you know...?

Ok, my rant here:
I feel like the whole of Sherlock BBC becomes a Johnlock vs. non-Johnlock thing, and I'm becoming tired of it... because once, I thought there was so much more to it... and now it's so dominating... which I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't all over everywhere... here, tumblr... it's hard to avoid it. I just don't care about it so much. And I find it hard to voice frustration about it because it really feels like everybody is choosing a side. As if the series wasn't called "Sherlock" but "Will there be Johnlock?".
Rant over. No offense. Hang me. 

No offense… just wanted to say I totally get you.     

Also, 'wtf' and sympathetically cringing for you both likewise for the radiation and pain stuff, and the paint.  Hope can get it fixed!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 11, 2015 5:24 pm  #1570

Personally I find Johnlock fascinating... I've tried to stay out of it for a while... (not that it means I have anything against Johnlock...) lately I've dvelved into it though... I don't think there should be two poles on this... if you like it, cool... if it's not your thing, cool. 

Sometimes I hate that I love my guy. I love him to bits, I need him every day... he makes me happy and I've grown so much as a person through the last 6 months and one day. 
He's amazing in so many ways. And I don't want to lose him ever. 

The 'problem' is that he has PTSD, is brain damaged and has got some issues. 

(I do too... we're quite the pair there *rolls eyes*)

Last night he had another bad night with nightmares caused by his PTSD, and according to his therapist also the fact that he recently went through a massive break-up with his ex girlfriend. (the first person he had trusted in a long long time... he had invested everything, and the day he was about to tell her something big, she had an announcement too... she was pregnant by another man and had apparently not meant a word she said to him...)
The thing is... it's bloody hard when he has days like this. My mood drops as soon as I realize something is wrong and I just want to cry in a corner. 

I don't know if I can do more... I sent him to therapy, I'm coaching him through it... I'm repeating a million times that he's important to me... that I'm in this for real... I keep proving that. He's the man of my dreams and he keeps saying "sorry... I don't deserve you.... sorry I get like this... sorry".
Worst of all... when he says he feels like he's letting me down when he has bad nights. If he knew how proud I was of him.

What the hell am I supposed to do???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 11, 2015 5:54 pm  #1571

@Phantom, I think you're doing a lot already... more than many would. Sounds like you're very supportive! But trust is something to be learned in a very personal pace, I think... and needs time.

"It is what it is."

February 11, 2015 6:50 pm  #1572

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Personally I find Johnlock fascinating... I've tried to stay out of it for a while... (not that it means I have anything against Johnlock...) lately I've dvelved into it though... I don't think there should be two poles on this... if you like it, cool... if it's not your thing, cool. 

Oh, don't get me wrong, have a similar attitude of intrigue but no interest, and no big deal either way.  Just was sympathetic to Whisky's point as well because, honestly, it does seem to permeate a bit and feel awkward bringing it up….  even in non-Johnlock themed threads and pics.

Erf…  and never had to help anyone in my life like that, but I've been the 'depressed one' before… sounds like you're doing everything you can!  I wouldn't want to be cold and say 'don't let it get you down', because compassion good, but know it's just a result of what he's working on, not you, and stay good for yourself and him?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 11, 2015 8:22 pm  #1573

Thanks so much, it just feels really lonely sometimes... 
I feel so guilty too... I 'forced' him to start therapy. I know therapy is always worst for the first while, ripping up old wounds.
But I know it's going to help him heal... and I want to help that along too. 

He's such an amazing man. He has the best and kindest heart, he can make me laugh, he gets me he's so strong ... I don't think I'll ever stop loving him. 

He only sees himself as broken and a burdon. When I see him I see perfection... 

I have days like that too... and for some reason he seems to think the suns shines out of my behind... only I usually try to hide my bad days from him... I don't feel like he needs that. He just always see through that 

I have PTSD too, only I have my nightmares a bit more controlled now... I know just what he's going through... and I feel like I can't help him the way I want to... and I don't have anyone to talk to about all this either...

*deep breath*. Anyways... it's going in the right direction at least

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 14, 2015 7:15 pm  #1574

Some ranting about ignorant people...
Today a girl spoke into her phone "I don't know what the catholic church has to say about valentines day anyway, what do they have got to do with it!" (sadly I didn't catch what was the cause for that exclamation)
But brilliant - it was once a celebreation of saint Valentine, and has as such originated in catholicism.. and now people complain (??) that the church says something about saint Valentines day? I don't get these people, do they think they invented Easter and Christmas too??

And our local supermarket puts up Easter goodies before Ash Wednesday... which just feels so plainly WRONG it makes me a bit angry.

I just think, if people don't care about their religious heritage and use it for random celebration, that's one thing, one has to endure it every Christmas, and it's sad enough... but to be complaining about it or to ignore all background altogether... that's another. And I am not even your average catholic hardliner, quite the opposite even...
I wonder - everyone takes care not to offend religious feelings, that's quite the "in"-thing to do: do not offend. Well, dear supermarkets, ever thought about not offending the religion that gives you your super-sells on sweeties several times a year?

Or maybe there is a deep-thought theological reason why the easter goodies appear before Ash Wednesday... who knows. I even could think of some arguments to support such a line of thought, if only few, but I really doubt the supermarkets went to that kind of trouble, so it must be ignorance.
(people already managed to make Advent disappear, with all the early Christmas stuff, and thanks for that).

I wish we had only certain periods when it is allowed to sell certain products. I feel people totally loose a feeling of season, reasons for celebration... everything is available, always. It's boring.

The supermarkets say that it's the customers fault: the customers apparently buy the stuff as soon as it's there... and demand determindes supply.
So, who has bought Easter Eggs already?????? *evil grin*

Last edited by Whisky (February 14, 2015 7:26 pm)

"It is what it is."

February 14, 2015 10:45 pm  #1575

Spiritual meaning of the celebrations and traditions is long lost on most people in our over-commercionalised era. For most sellers, Dollar and Euro are the main gods - they couldn´t care less if they offer the goods sooner than it´s appropriate. Sad, but it´s a fact.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 15, 2015 3:37 pm  #1576

I'm fed up with myself: the constant headache for 2 weeks and that goddamn depression that has taken hold again with his good friends anxiety and nothingness....

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

February 15, 2015 3:55 pm  #1577

I just saw a post on facebook 'Pray for Denmark'.

*shivers* In a way I feel talking about this too much is giving those sick individuals the power they wanted... 

Bless my guy... he was so worried when he heard... I live an hour away from Copenhagen! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 16, 2015 9:53 am  #1578

Mediaval massacre of 21 Christians in Lybia, suicide-bombing in Nigeria and two lives senselessly taken in Kobehavn... I´m feeling sick with the world today. When will this fanatic insanity stop?

February 16, 2015 10:16 am  #1579

Titania wrote:

I'm fed up with myself: the constant headache for 2 weeks and that goddamn depression that has taken hold again with his good friends anxiety and nothingness....

Oh, Titania, that doesn't sound good. I know that words probably won't help at all, but let me just say: I hope you'll be feeling better again soon and that you're not alone in this situation.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 16, 2015 11:36 am  #1580

nakahara wrote:

Mediaval massacre of 21 Christians in Lybia, suicide-bombing in Nigeria and two lives senselessly taken in Kobehavn... I´m feeling sick with the world today. When will this fanatic insanity stop?

You said it for me. I came in this thread to write the same... I have this sick feeling, too.
Who hasn't. It hurts.
It hurts not to know how to stop it.
The sadness and helplessness hurts.

Last edited by Whisky (February 16, 2015 11:36 am)

"It is what it is."

Board footera