BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 8, 2015 9:21 pm  #1

Sir Boast-A-Lot

Who else was completely taken by surprise when the "Sir Boast-A-Lot" program started to air during Sherlock's cab ride? I was completely shocked at Sherlock's "change of character" when he becomes a fugitive. Man, Thompson, man!

Last edited by Sherlock And A Gun (February 16, 2015 2:05 pm)

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Moriarty: "Is that a British Army L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"
Sherlock: "Oh Jim, it's obviously a Sig Sauer P226R, also assigned by the British Army to soldiers serving in Afghanistan. No science of deduction needed."

February 8, 2015 9:24 pm  #2

Re: Sir Boast-A-Lot

Sherlock And A Gun wrote:

Who else was completely taken by surprise when the "Sir Boast-A-Lot" program started to air during Sherlock's cab ride? I was completely shocked at Sherlock's "change of character" when he becomes a fugitive. Man, Moffiat, man!

Yeah, I was surprised by Sherlock's reaction, both to the video and seeing Moriarty as the cab driver. He lost control and succumbed to rage, something I've seen him do very, very rarely.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 8, 2015 9:29 pm  #3

MAN, this is the best one by far. Richard Brooks!! The small scene where they infiltrate the apartment and he comes waltzing in, dang.

Last edited by Sherlock And A Gun (February 9, 2015 2:16 pm)

Moriarty: "Is that a British Army L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"
Sherlock: "Oh Jim, it's obviously a Sig Sauer P226R, also assigned by the British Army to soldiers serving in Afghanistan. No science of deduction needed."

February 13, 2015 8:10 am  #4

Who else was completely taken by surprise when the "Sir Boast-A-Lot" program started to air during Sherlock's cab ride? I was completely shocked at Sherlock's "change of character" when he becomes a fugitive. Man, Moffat, man!

?? Mofat? That episode was written by Steve Thompson.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Series arc of Sherlock | Clues to #johnlock being endgame | My fav Sherlock blog

February 13, 2015 9:39 am  #5

It's still stunning writing 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 16, 2015 2:04 pm  #6

tykobrian wrote:

Who else was completely taken by surprise when the "Sir Boast-A-Lot" program started to air during Sherlock's cab ride? I was completely shocked at Sherlock's "change of character" when he becomes a fugitive. Man, Moffat, man!

?? Mofat? That episode was written by Steve Thompson.

Oops, sorry. I'll fix that. But yeah, amazing!

February 16, 2015 3:27 pm  #7

I really loved "Sir_Boast_a_Lot" segment, it was genuinely scary.

For the same reason, "Sherlocked" used it to great effect when they were doing their trailer to TRF.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera