BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 20, 2012 4:05 pm  #1

USA: Killing spree at “Dark Knight Rises†debut

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 20, 2012 4:32 pm  #2

Re: USA: Killing spree at “Dark Knight Rises†debut

I just heard about this on the news on the radio. So terrible. And the killer's apartment is boobytrapped too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 20, 2012 4:41 pm  #3

Just came from the movie myself, and don't even feel like talking about the film itself because of some stupid ass motherfucking dickhead once again doing something utterly stupid like this. Where do these fucking nutjobs come from? And the youngest victim was only 3-months old. If it was up to me, I'd put these assholes in jail for the rest of their lives and torture them as long as possible without giving them the release of death. Fucking assholes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

July 20, 2012 11:36 pm  #4

I am deeply saddened and grieving for the victims. We've got to get rid of these guns.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

July 21, 2012 4:17 am  #5

I agree with you SP, allowing people to have guns isn't a really good idea. But the problem is that even without them, Humans will find another way to hurt others and we are very imaginative when it comes to how to do it. I'll never understand why, but things like that will always happen and it's so useless, it deeply saddened me. At first, I have the same reaction as Dramagod, but doing things like that would only dehumanize us and losing our humanity is the worst thing that can happen to someone, because we'd become like the killer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

July 21, 2012 5:20 am  #6

I'll never understand why a loner, like that idiot,  would do this.   WHY?  And what a thing to wake up to,  in the morning.  And I  think that  we should get rid of the gun stores and shows they have all across the country.  I'll bet those gun sellers are kicking themselves right now.   In my opinion they should ONLY SELL  to those with special badges,  who are REQUIRED to have guns, ithose in law enforcement.   That's what I think.  This was a senseless shooting.  The person who did it  was  selfish.  Pure and simple.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 21, 2012 5:22 am  #7

Why, oh why do people do such things? Killing complete strangers who never hurt you, for no reason whatsoever. I just don't understand it. It seems to happen in so many countries, regardless of gun laws. That bastard in Norway recently, the Port Arthur massacre here in Australia in 1996, and so many more. If these arseholes hate the world so much, why don;t they just take themselves out of it and spare the rest of us the pain.

I hate guns with an absolute passion. My only connection with one was when we lived on a farm when I was a child and my dad used a shotgun to kill rabbits (vermin here).

Guns are not so easily obtained here. I know people can kill without guns. An 18yr old man in Sydney was punched in the head last week and died. His assailant assaulted 3 other people that night, none of whom died. If he had a gun, it would have been much worse.

Sorry for the rant. It is just something I feel passionate about .

Last edited by hepzibah (July 21, 2012 5:26 am)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 21, 2012 7:19 am  #8

Guns aren't easily obtained here either but we have had massacres too. Senseless violence.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 21, 2012 8:32 am  #9

There's no way we can ever know why someone does something like this. It is insane and makes no sense.
I felt terribly sad when I read about this last night. I really can't understand it, my mind refuses to make any sense of it. My thoughts are with the victims and all the people in Denver.

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 21, 2012 4:50 pm  #10

my thoughts and prayers are with the people in CO   and everywhere else who are victims of shootings like these.

I  AM  glad that they caught the gunman, though.  he was in his car--not going anywhere,  etc.  This shooting was PLANNED; therefore he cannot claim insanity  for this.   NO WAY.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 22, 2012 11:17 am  #11

And why oh why did this MF scumbag have to share a name with my personal hero 

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 23, 2012 7:04 pm  #12

This is a very interesting article. Thought provoking and I must say I agree with the points made within it.

www.theshiznit.co.uk/why-the-so-called-batman-murders-are-none-of-our-business.php

The link will take you to the correct page, just scroll down a bit and you will see the article summary to click on. Legit site so don't worry about clicking folks.

July 24, 2012 6:48 am  #13

Very good article, quite disgusting the way parts of the media have exploited the issue. At least no-one appears to have intruded into the hospital rooms of the injured but I'm sure it is just a matter of time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 25, 2012 3:45 am  #14

KeepersPrice wrote:

And why oh why did this MF scumbag have to share a name with my personal hero 

That bothered me too,  keeper!! I'm  like,  OH NO!!!    I  am still reeling from this  senseless tragedy.   I saw  Pres Obama's speech-- he refused to say the perp's name,  which I thought was quite fitting.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

March 7, 2013 5:18 am  #15

Someone posted that guns are hard to get there. I am assuming that means the UK.
Unfortunately guns are relatively easy to get here in the states. I'm sure that you have all heard of the senseless shootings that have happened here. Not only the one in the theater, but the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting and one that still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end - The shooting in West Webster, NY of the firemen. My husband was one of the firemen at that fire on Christmas Eve but thankfully was not one of the men shot. The survivors who were wounded and trapped under the fire truck were on the news this evening talking about their brothers who were killed.

I would like to see the same kind of gun control that you have in the UK here, but unfortunately that will never happen. Every one of my kids have been taught how to disarm an assailant who puts a gun to their heads. It is a part of the Taeaqua kungfu (?sp) that they take. Even I know what to do if someone puts a gun in my face. The disadvantage to that, is when someone starts shooting from a distance. Not much you can do in that case. It is a sad world we live in where we feel compelled to teach our children how to disarm gun toting maniacs. 

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

Board footera