BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 29, 2014 9:36 pm  #1

Hollywood Sessions: Lead Actor

Benedict was part of another roundtable sort of thing called "Hollywood Session: Lead Actor", together with Michael Keaton, Robert Downey Jr., Eddie Redmayne and Steve Carell. I haven't watched it yet completely, but it seems to be pretty interesting and entertaining:
http://www.epixhd.com/movie/hollywood-sessions-lead-actor/

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 29, 2014 10:54 pm  #2

Re: Hollywood Sessions: Lead Actor

Very good actors altogether. A good choice for a roundtable. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 31, 2014 9:06 pm  #3

I very interesting group, and it was nice to see the interplay between the actors--they asked each other some very interesting questions, and all seemed genuinely interested in what the others were saying.

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

December 31, 2014 9:08 pm  #4

Yeah, I liked this group. Michael Keaton is one I haven't heard anything from since he played Batman, so that was a nice surprise. They all seemed very reflected and interesting, and it was kind of interesting to see our awesome Ben being a bit dwarfed by these senior actors who've been in the industry probably twice as long as he has. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 1, 2015 9:05 pm  #5

I saw that a while ago, but you just can watch parts of it. Where can you watch the whole thing? Is it not out, yet?

I liked the part when Ben is asked why he isn't on twitter. And he answered "Well, you've heard me talk. I can't do 140 characters." 

And that's funny 

Happy New Year to everyone, by the way 

Last edited by Ivy (January 4, 2015 5:30 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 1, 2015 10:32 pm  #6

The whole thing is up at that link now.

January 3, 2015 10:52 am  #7

Really, well then I'm too stupid to find it or to start it.

Last edited by Ivy (January 4, 2015 5:29 pm)

----------

January 3, 2015 11:04 am  #8

Me too, Ivy!

Vhanja wrote:

Yeah, I liked this group. Michael Keaton is one I haven't heard anything from since he played Batman, so that was a nice surprise. They all seemed very reflected and interesting, and it was kind of interesting to see our awesome Ben being a bit dwarfed by these senior actors who've been in the industry probably twice as long as he has. 

You might like this  then, if you haven't already seen it - Michael Keaton and Benedict together again, and some other interesting actors.  

Last edited by Liberty (January 3, 2015 11:05 am)

January 3, 2015 12:00 pm  #9

I have the same problem. Do you have to register or what?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 3, 2015 1:09 pm  #10

The link worked when I posted it, but it seems they have changed something, doesn't work for me anymore, either.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 3, 2015 1:36 pm  #11

The trailers work but not the session itself. It says just for US users or something like that. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 4, 2015 5:28 pm  #12

So I'm not stupid, what a relief.

----------

January 4, 2015 5:29 pm  #13

I was able to see the entire thing on Tumblr, and I live in Norway.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 4, 2015 5:31 pm  #14

----------

January 5, 2015 1:28 am  #15

I was able to watch the whole thing with no trouble--but it never ocurred to me that it might be US only.

January 27, 2015 7:30 pm  #16

Benedict must have felt beside himself in this round table, he was sitting next to one actor who also played Hawking and across from one who also played Sherlock. The other two actors played different versions on characters in TV shows or films that two of his buddies were in.  Steve Carell was in the US version of The Office-the orginal version had our dear Martin.  Michael Keaton, of course, was Batman.  Benedict's pal Tom Hardy was Bane....ok forget six degrees of Kevin Bacon, I wanna play six degrees of Benedict Cumberbatch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

Board footera