BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 23, 2012 3:24 am  #1

It's canon - Watson is Australian (well, partially)

.. after all, his dad worked in the Australian gold fields for a while.

I am not sure if this has been discussed before on the forum?

Anyway, I am now looking for ideas for a campaign to 'reclaim Watson' as one of ours.

The Game is On!

July 23, 2012 6:37 am  #2

Re: It's canon - Watson is Australian (well, partially)

Never! His dad only went over there to dig a fortune. He's ours...hands off! Lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 24, 2012 3:19 am  #3

hah, and yet "I still call Australia home" - check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHP9NuZNjbI&feature=related and admit you wish you'd be one of us!

July 24, 2012 4:35 am  #4

Oh we are used to sharing our treasures with the rest of the world anyway.
I'd list some but there's not enough space here.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 24, 2012 6:21 am  #5

Good friends of mine have almost their whole clutch of kids off to Oz so you never know we may all be over!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 24, 2012 11:19 am  #6

kazza474 wrote:

Two words - HUGH JACKMAN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 24, 2012 11:39 am  #7

Two words- yes please!

July 24, 2012 1:41 pm  #8

hepzibah wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

Two words - HUGH JACKMAN

For heaven's sakes! I try NOT to drop a Jackman Bomb in threads I am in. The hysteria becomes embarrassing. And as I posted elsewhere, having met Hugh personally I kinda like to shield him from hysteria.
We're like that *holds up 2 fingers crossed* you know. Best buddies & pals.

Deb understand how it is.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

Board footera