BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2015 12:10 am  #1

Lestrade and Molly

For the first time I really had a look at the wedding reception, before everybody enters the house and greets Mary, John and Sherlock.
I was delighted to see that Lestrade and Molly are happily chatting in the middle of it all (though I wonder where Tom is right then). I think it just shows that Molly and Lestrade actually get along quite well and have things to say to each other. Because in many other scenes, I always get this impression that they are never talking alone to each other, or that they just speak as colleagues when there's a situation for it (or that Lestrade just takes a good look at Molly when she isn't aware of it).

I don't think I'm the only one appreciating Lestrade and Molly together like this :-) (and no I don't ship them)
I am also amazed that after having watched an episode likely 50 times or more, I still discover stuff I didn't see before.
(and sorry if this is posted elsewhere, I didn't find it)

Last edited by Whisky (January 21, 2015 12:12 am)

"It is what it is."

January 21, 2015 7:04 am  #2

Re: Lestrade and Molly

That's a lovely discovery indeed. I don't ship them either, but whenever I see them together I'm thinking that they might make a nice couple. During the wedding I always get the impression that Molly is somewhat closer to Lestrade than to Tom - and not just in terms of spacial distance (or proximity).

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 21, 2015 2:29 pm  #3

Thanks for pointing that out Whisky.  They actually look good together.  I prefer Molly ending up with Greg than with Tom.

"Not all those who wander are lost."  Riddle of Strider, J.R.R. Tolkien

January 21, 2015 2:57 pm  #4

Of all the other possible ships in the show besides Johnlock I think Molly and Lestrade are the best.  Two good people who deserve someone who will be good to them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 23, 2015 3:57 pm  #5

Wooa, congratulations Whisky for your observation skills!

Both characters may be a little bit underexploited in the show (especially Molly), so that's nice to see a link, even thin, between them.
There are lots of characters I would like to see more often (Mycroft, Mrs Hudson, Lestrade, Molly, Donovan...) but that would make each episode much longer, I suppose

Last edited by BHavers (January 23, 2015 3:58 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------
What? Cameras? Here? I'm in my nightie!

January 23, 2015 4:10 pm  #6

I love Molly and Lestrade! Do they have a shipping name already?? Molstrade? Lemol? Does anybody know??

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 24, 2015 8:12 am  #7

@mrshouse, I've come across Molstrade some times before..

It's a lovely idea and Greg is clearly interested, but somehow I can't imagine Molly turning from Sherlock to him.. although it would certainly be better for her mental health ^^.

January 24, 2015 8:58 am  #8

And possibly better for both Greg and Sherlock, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 25, 2015 11:02 pm  #9

I think they could fit together quite well.

I do think in general, to get over a crush you have to turn to someone really different in the end... because anybody too similar will lead you back and back again to thinking about your old crush. Molly will be over Sherlock when she stops choosing lookalikes...and Lestrade is quite different in his appearance, but he *is* a detective of sorts... Sherlock even said so :D ... so that could turn out quite well. Lestrade isn't irritated by Mollys strange behaviours, but I think he finds her endearing and entertaining. And I think Molly could need a reliable man, which Sherlock isn't really, but Lestrade could be.
But somehow I think Molly doesn't need a man as much as Lestrade needs a woman. I don't know why, but she seems quite independent to me, even if she is trying so hard to get attached to people. She just isn't confident enough to see that she is perfect the way she is.

"It is what it is."

Board footera