BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2015 8:44 am  #1

Justified

My daughter recommended this to me and I have just started watching it from the very start. I have to say, I really like this so far. Impressive writing, tight plot lines, good character development, great acting etc. I feel I am in for the long haul on this one. Timothy Olyphant is a really strong lead but the supporting cast are also really good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 8, 2015 7:23 pm  #2

Re: Justified

I already loved Timothy Olyphant (what a name) on Deadwood. That's basically why we started watching Justified some time ago. I don't really have time (and peace!) to watch something, so we stopped after series 2. But I am looking forward to continuing some day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 19, 2015 10:40 pm  #3

Re: Justified

Without a doubt, one of the finest series ever. Olyphant is remarkable, and so is Nick Searcy as Art. But the revelation to me was Walton Goggins, as Boyd Crowder. All 5 seasons have featured Boyd as the complicated friend/enemy/ally of Raylan Givens, and this last will be no exception, I understand. The brotherhood between these two is constantly evolving and constantly surprising. Unfortunately, I don't have cable where I am now, and I will be at the least behind in keeping up in this, the final season.

Those of you watching this series for the first time, prepare to be hooked. It's one of the very best, and I don't know what I'll do when it's gone. Like the song says, "You'll never leave Harlan alive." And you might not want to leave at all.   

Board footera