BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2015 5:25 pm  #41

Re: Sherlock episodes ranked from worst to best

besleybean wrote:

Tho Steve Thomson totally redeemed himself with Reichenbach and I also liked his writing of the stag night!

Very true, I whole-heartedly agree! The entire rooftop scene in TRF is one of the best written and executed scenes in the entire series, in my opinion. Every time I watch I just keep getting impressed by it. 

And he wrote the stag night? That alone would redeem him!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 15, 2015 6:24 pm  #42

I feel that both S1 and S2 had one week episode each - the middle one. Although I find THoB far better than TBB. For me, S3 had no such thing as a weak episode. Of the three, I like TLV the least. But that doesn't mean I don't like the episode, only that the two others are hugely awesome in my book. The mind palace scene in TLV after Sherlock gets shot is one of my all-time favorite scenes of the entire series, it's magnificent!

But TLV becomes too dark for me to prefer it to anything else. Sherlock is losing, John is angry at everyone, Sherlock gets shot, becomes a cold-blood murderer and almost never sees John again. There is just too much terrible in that episode for it to be favorite of mine. 

But even though S3 is in one way the strongest in that it has now low episodes for me, and the fact that I love to pieces all the emotional roller coasters in TEH and TSoT (I'm one of those who LOVE TEH), S3 can never be my favorite season. Because we don't have Sherlock and John in 221B. 

Therefore, S1 or S2 are my favorites, even though they have the weakest episodes. And when I rule out TBB and THoB (and, by a stretch, TLV), what's left is all so awesome that I can't really pick any favorites. All the remaining episodes are cream of the crop for me. But if someone held a gun to my head, I think perhaps ASiB might be my overall favorite episode. Maybe. Only think it's missing for me to find it a perfect episode is a bit more gratitude from Sherlock to John for how John stood up to and supported Sherlock over everything throughout it all. That he didn't still makes me feel uncomfortable, and is the only reason I can't easily put it as my favorite episode. TGG is also a strong contester for me, amazing episode both when it comes to the crimes executed and the dynamics between Sherlock and John.

Last edited by Vhanja (January 15, 2015 6:26 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 15, 2015 7:04 pm  #43

The 3 cliff hangers remain my fave episodes...and each writer has written one of them!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 16, 2015 8:14 am  #44

Vhanja wrote:

Of the three, I like TLV the least.

Don't wanna be a pain in the ass here, but I'm always irritated when I read your "TLV". You know of course that the episode is called "His Last Vow", right? 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 16, 2015 8:53 am  #45

Oh, sorry. HLV, of course.

Team Hudders!

January 16, 2015 5:06 pm  #46

I noticed that too, but didn't like to say!
It's currenly my fave episode, being the latest cliff hanger.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 20, 2015 3:15 pm  #47

i think all the eps have merit so could not pick my fav or least fav i just enjoy all the eps

It's a palace.He said it was a palace, Yeah, well, he would, wouldn't he?

January 25, 2015 2:58 pm  #48

Swanpride wrote:

There are some aspects I like about TBB...especially the beginning with Sherlock showing off John, and I also like that John tries to establish his independence in this one. It's very low on my list, but TEH is slightly lower. Because in this case, I am actually bored for large parts of the episdoe. The motor bike chase is too long, for example. There are also some editing choices which irritate me. And on top of it, it kinds of dimishes TRF by revealing that the only one who was fooled with Sherlock's jump was John instead of John AND the assassin. Plus, it is very episodic. The Blind Banker at least tells a coherent story.

^^^^^ :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 25, 2015 3:32 pm  #49

I prefer TEH, mainly because I have a soft spot for Mark's episodes,.
I think also because of my not being at all interested in the ' how did he do it' thing...then finding the 2 false scenarios totally hilarious and accepting the third as the right one...
Plus SO dreading the Reunion, but again finding it totally hilarious...
But really, because it moves the story on,...Sherlock and John  are back working together and I like Mary...

January 25, 2015 7:02 pm  #50

Worst? 33. HLV Despite excellent moments, I can't appreciate the whole Magnussen's story.

Best: all the others. Difficult to choose, I like them all. Especially THOB, ASIP, ASIB, TBB and ... actually, all.

--------------------------------------------------------------
What? Cameras? Here? I'm in my nightie!

May 24, 2016 11:29 am  #51

1.) The Reichenbach Fall
2.) A Study in Pink
3.) A Scandal in Belgravia
4.) The Sign of Three
5.) The Great Game
6.) The Empty Hearse
7.) His Last Vow
8.) The Hounds of Baskerville