BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2015 8:11 am  #821

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

Heavens, he had a gurdian angel then.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 15, 2015 8:26 am  #822

Poor Arwel, god he had a guardian angel!

Well I'm not grumpy, just annoyed of what Moffat did to Doctor Who, especially in series 8...
And a bit afraid that he might ruin Sherlock .

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

January 15, 2015 8:29 am  #823

Isn´t special written by Mark Gatiss?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 15, 2015 8:31 am  #824

Dunno ;). At Doctor Who there are also not all episodes written by Moffat, but he gives the main ideas. At least RTD did, reading the book about making of the 4th series of Doctor Who at the moment.

January 15, 2015 9:34 am  #825

Whoever writes it, we basically know nothing about it yet. And believe me, I'm not a huge fan of dream sequences and stuff like that in films or tv shows, either (and I'm also not such a huge fan of Moffat's Who, by the way, apart from the episodes he wrote for RTD's Who). Because quite often they're used as a poor excuse for not being able to come up with something more solid. But I doubt that this will happen with Mofftiss, even if they should really go for a dream sequence sort of thing. Could also be a Mind Palace thing, come to think of it. Or something completely different. We simply don't know.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 15, 2015 12:43 pm  #826

So there seems to be something of "The Blue Carbuncle" in it after all:

http://no-goldfish-required.tumblr.com/post/108161446392/avawatson-the-hat-the-quote-an-honest-to-god

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 15, 2015 1:08 pm  #827

So there´s still some chance of this case being filmed... YAY!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 15, 2015 1:09 pm  #828

I really need to read more canon.  I got a complete set for my birthday last year. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 15, 2015 1:52 pm  #829

SolarSystem wrote:

Whoever writes it, we basically know nothing about it yet. And believe me, I'm not a huge fan of dream sequences and stuff like that in films or tv shows, either (and I'm also not such a huge fan of Moffat's Who, by the way, apart from the episodes he wrote for RTD's Who). Because quite often they're used as a poor excuse for not being able to come up with something more solid. But I doubt that this will happen with Mofftiss, even if they should really go for a dream sequence sort of thing. Could also be a Mind Palace thing, come to think of it. Or something completely different. We simply don't know.

yeah, same here, I love the empty child / the doctor dances, blink and girl in the fireplace... but the rest...

I also hope its gonna be mind palace

January 15, 2015 4:12 pm  #830

Seems like Sherlock solving a historic murder or similar case in his mind palace would be a logical explanation....also perhaps explaining the key word ' ghost '.
Mark has a bit of a thing for hanted houses and such...

It all looks like a lot of fun and the Setlock news is exciting and adding a lot of positive energy and comments..which is good.

January 15, 2015 4:20 pm  #831

Good to hear Arwel's accident wasn't as bad as it could have been by the looks of the state of that car!!

That screen pic, is that Ben? It is isn't it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 15, 2015 4:55 pm  #832

Arwel was extremely fortunate and presumably has a very sturdy car.
We are a fandom pleased!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 16, 2015 8:24 am  #833

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 16, 2015 8:34 am  #834

It will certainly be absolutely different to the earlier episodes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

January 16, 2015 9:34 am  #835

gently69 wrote:

It will certainly be absolutely different to the earlier episodes.

...especially when the Doctor in his TARDIS finally appears... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

January 16, 2015 9:45 am  #836

LOL ... that would be weird.

(Tony Hadley)

January 16, 2015 9:53 am  #837

Weird is good. 

January 16, 2015 9:56 am  #838

But "too" weird ... for "Sherlock"?
And you know it wouldn't be "our" Doctor.

Last edited by gently69 (January 16, 2015 9:57 am)

(Tony Hadley)

January 16, 2015 10:00 am  #839

gently69 wrote:

And you know it wouldn't be "our" Doctor.

Now you've made me cry... 

January 16, 2015 10:16 am  #840

Don't worry, Solar. I doubt that "any" Doctor will be part of the special.

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera