BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 27, 2014 12:13 pm  #21

Re: Sir Ian McKellen to play retired Sherlock Holmes

Not to mention Sir Ian as Richard III., setting during Nazi time. Was the first time I got to know him and was a fan of his ever after.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 27, 2014 12:19 pm  #22

Brilliant film. And the showdown at Battersea power station … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 23, 2014 8:02 pm  #23

I just finished re-reading Mitch Cullin's 'A Slight Trick of the Mind'-   apparently
the film adaptation will be called 'Mr. Holmes',  and they are filming now.
I really enjoyed the book,  so poignant about the topic of aging,  and
it's set in an interesting era.    Will there be flashbacks?  I hope so!

Ian McKellan should be great actually.  aging from 49-93yrs old.   Numerous
articles report filming at various London locations over the recent summer months.

http://bakerstreet.wikia.com/wiki/Mr_Holmes_%28film%29

January 14, 2015 3:17 pm  #24

The film will have its world premiere at the Berlin film festival next month!

February 6, 2015 9:15 pm  #25

*cue "Eeeeee"'s!*   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 6, 2015 9:20 pm  #26

EEEEEEEEEeeeee!!!!

I´m really looking forward to this! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 6, 2015 9:25 pm  #27

This sounds so interesting!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 6, 2015 10:07 pm  #28

If I didn´t love Ian McKellern before, I would definitely start now:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 6, 2015 10:52 pm  #29

He is wonderful. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 6, 2015 11:29 pm  #30

Oh my gosh…. cue another round of 'Eeeee!'s, you guys!  They released a clip, too!!!

Oh my gosh, Ian….    (and I badly haven't even read the book it's based on, although known about it and been curious to read for some time as one of the popular pastiches out there… maybe I should, first?  so cool they're doing this particular story)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 7, 2015 9:57 am  #31

I love that clip!  I'm so looking forward to this.  I'm actually inclined NOT to read the story so that it will all be new.

February 7, 2015 10:52 am  #32

This is beautiful. I must watch it. 

February 12, 2015 9:04 pm  #33

I'm so excited for this movie! I presume he's going to be called out of retirement to work on one final case...or something of that ilk...there's got to be an actual mystery along with it, right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 13, 2015 8:31 am  #34

Coming to this thread made me thud twice. First because of the gifs nakahara posted, and then because of that clip. Wow, this looks so beautiful... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 13, 2015 9:06 am  #35

No German release date yet. 

March 4, 2015 6:03 pm  #36

I am as excited as any of you. Sir Ian is ...well, one doesn't need to state his utterly wonderful acting. But he is. Extremely talented. I'll have to dig into his other works, and his other take on Holmes.
(Off topic, but I think Benedict is even more talented. Haven't seen him in a play, as of yet.)

Back to the topic at hand, Mr. Holmes...and its trailer Enjoy
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1849732633/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 4, 2015 6:08 pm  #37

Thanks for posting that, Lilythiell! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 4, 2015 6:14 pm  #38

This looks beautiful, Lilythiell, thank you very much. 

March 4, 2015 11:16 pm  #39

I just had a look at the imdb page for Mr. Holmes and noticed that Roger Allam and Philip Davis are both on the cast. I love how everyone is so interconnected in the industry 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 5, 2015 12:31 am  #40

My inner pressurized cabin is feeling elated -whatever that would mean.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

Board footera