BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2015 9:34 pm  #761

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

Victorian, mimes, male violinists, modern day policemen - they are just pulling our legs!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 11, 2015 9:35 pm  #762

My head is exploding

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 11, 2015 9:39 pm  #763

I think they're filming  the Sound of Music!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 11, 2015 9:41 pm  #764

besleybean wrote:

I think they're filming  the Sound of Music!

LOL

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 11, 2015 9:51 pm  #765

Ohh the hills are alive...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 11, 2015 9:51 pm  #766

Now, where's the casting call for psychotic fat middle aged fangirls.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 11, 2015 9:52 pm  #767

This is pure gold! I literally have NO idea what they're planning. I love it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 11, 2015 11:13 pm  #768

And here I was being a little nervous that all the setlock would ruin the fun later...stupid me  This. Is. Awesome! It will be so much fun to watch the episode when it's done and just see how it all came together and be able to look back at this time 

Last edited by Lazarus (January 12, 2015 7:55 pm)

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

January 11, 2015 11:16 pm  #769

I bet we'll be able to laugh at ourselves by then... 

I'm so happy I get to experience it this time... being so late to the Sherlock party as I am! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 12, 2015 5:35 am  #770

Is it common to ask people to bring their own uniforms? Sounds a bit faked to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 12, 2015 6:44 am  #771

Sounds a bit kinky to me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2015 8:20 am  #772

New exciting theories for the fate of Watson´s baby. I especially like that Weeping Angel one:

http://shspesh.tumblr.com/post/107747438232/221beemine-recentlyfolded-221beemine

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 12, 2015 8:22 am  #773

I prefer no. 7. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 12, 2015 1:10 pm  #774

Schmiezi wrote:

Is it common to ask people to bring their own uniforms? Sounds a bit faked to me.

It is, actually. Rather than spend money on recruiting random people and then have to also spend money on hiring uniforms (with added costume expenditure in regards to size orders, fittings, cleaning, etc), you hire people that have uniforms and cut down on those expenses. Simples.

January 12, 2015 1:13 pm  #775

nakahara wrote:

Mimes, male violinists, policemen... what the heck are they planning? It sounds quite complicated!

I don't see anything complicated about the violinist role... they need someone with Benedict's measurements in order to stand in for the shots where they don't need Ben's face. So I assume we'll have scenes where Sherlock is playing the violin and is filmed from the back and/or from far away.

ps and now you know you have Benedict's measurements. you're welcome.

January 12, 2015 1:31 pm  #776

Searching for a stand-in for your leading actor in this way does not seem very professional to me. Or at least not well planned.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 12, 2015 1:49 pm  #777

Why? It's just a stand in. Not a speaking role and doesn't need to act - and why is it not professional?  they are even using a casting agency!
Sometimes the needs of a production change at the very last minute - perhaps they've realised they can do some pick ups or fill in some scenes with a stand in while Ben is away, or that they have less time with him and therefore need to use all the time they have to make sure the speaking scenes are spot on  - or perhaps they have just recently decided they want to add a scene with Sherlock playing the violin. It does happen.

January 12, 2015 1:57 pm  #778

But they are not trying to find just one, but a load of people - policemen, mimes and whatnot. While they are already shooting the special. Certainly they had to know this beforehand, that they would need so many of them? Or did they suddenly decide to add a big number of scenes that weren´t in their original script?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 12, 2015 2:34 pm  #779

well, the announcement for the mimes were made back in december already... And they might have decided to add shots with policemen recently. Remember that finding non-speaking extras is easy, and finding them last minute or as close to the shoot as possible is preferable where possible because it avoids information being passed on (although extras get told very little before the shoot).

I was an extra on a music video recently (shhh!!) and they recruited us 2 days before the actual shoot...

January 12, 2015 4:06 pm  #780

Ozma wrote:

Schmiezi wrote:

It is, actually. Rather than spend money on recruiting random people and then have to also spend money on hiring uniforms (with added costume expenditure in regards to size orders, fittings, cleaning, etc), you hire people that have uniforms and cut down on those expenses. Simples.

Thank you! Sounds like a very efficient way to cast and shoot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera