BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 7, 2015 8:40 pm  #1201

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

That is vile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2015 8:43 pm  #1202

For the last couple of weeks when I've finally gotten into the fandom and have, God help me!, gotten into Tumblr, I am quite shocked at what some so-called "fans" can say and write. The evilness, pettiness and ridiculous speculations are just insane. Absolutely insane. I can only hope that Ben and Sophie will never hear about it, I feel bad for them already. And if they do hear about it, I hope they understand that most of the fanbase are happy for them. This is not the consensus of his fans. 

How can people who are supposed to be fans be so mean and cruel?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 7, 2015 8:45 pm  #1203

True. It is sad and ridiculous to which lengths some people go. Delusional and mean. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 7, 2015 8:51 pm  #1204

One of the reasons I never got onto tumblr... I'd much rather express my passion on here, in an idiot proof atmosphere 

(sorry, but some of those people are just... ugh) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 7, 2015 8:51 pm  #1205

Vhanja wrote:

For the last couple of weeks when I've finally gotten into the fandom and have, God help me!, gotten into Tumblr, I am quite shocked at what some so-called "fans" can say and write. The evilness, pettiness and ridiculous speculations are just insane. Absolutely insane. I can only hope that Ben and Sophie will never hear about it, I feel bad for them already. And if they do hear about it, I hope they understand that most of the fanbase are happy for them. This is not the consensus of his fans. 

How can people who are supposed to be fans be so mean and cruel?

I think Stephen King was a visionary - he has written this precisely about them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zaj2wzNRO38

Such people are real, unfortunately.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 7, 2015 8:53 pm  #1206

How can they even believe that they know what Ben is thinking and feeling from a few seconds on the red carpet? I just... I imagine most of them are very young. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 7, 2015 8:55 pm  #1207

And jealous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2015 9:01 pm  #1208

I'm jealous too. I know, it's pathetic, but I feel jealous whenever I see a pic of him and Sophie. But I can recognize that feeling for what it is, stow it away until it disappears, and wish him all the best.

Team Hudders!

January 7, 2015 11:05 pm  #1209

Two of the biggest online newspapers in Norway have Ben becoming a father on their "front page" as of now. Nice to see.

Team Hudders!

January 7, 2015 11:28 pm  #1210

Good to see some happy news for a change!

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

January 8, 2015 1:39 am  #1211

Although I thoroughly believe that actors deserve to have a private life that is separate from the prying eye of their "celebrity" life, in reality it is difficult to keep it all completely private in this media saturated world. 

If this is a legitimate announcement from their publicist about this news then I genuinely rejoice in their happiness.  And I would expect every true fan of the show and of BC would do likewise.

About those who do otherwise - I don't claim to understand them or the way their minds work, but their behaviour seems immature (regardless of their chronological age), mean-spirited, cruel and/or terribly rude to me when they express anything except best wishes to them in regards to the upcoming nuptials and future baby.

It's just good manners IMO.  And if you haven't got anything nice to say, then say nothing at all.

It's not your right to give your opinion about this news - it is a privilege that they are sharing it with us.   

I have never been on Tumblr (or whatever it is called) but I have seen some pretty nasty, ignorant, presumptuous remarks in the comments sections of various newspaper that makes me feel like I need a bath after reading them to get the scum off my brain.  I don't know what motivates these people to make posts like that (nor do I want to understand them really) but they certainly aren't "fans" in my mind. 

By my definition a fan supports the actors whose work they admire and writing petty, ill-mannered remarks about their private life isn't being supportive IMO. 

Best of luck with the impending wedding and baby BC and SH!

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

January 8, 2015 6:20 am  #1212

Tumblr....jea its a two sided sword somehow..

I like to see the sometimes more than awesome works some people do there, but some of the stuff is just...well lets say:some users there are at Highshool ...at least for the first semester or so...

As a grown up person, I can only shake my head about those haters.
What did they expect?
BC coming trough the Display and declair his undying love to a teenager that could be his kid?

Well some of them obviously did...

And as much as I like to see "setlock" pics...as much am I scared about the consequences .

I fear the  crazy side of the fandom is destroying the fun about the series right now....
Not to mention the actors and what made them so special..the closeness to the fans.

Last edited by Draconia (January 8, 2015 6:21 am)

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

January 8, 2015 5:32 pm  #1213

I was curiously looking at the Danish online papers to see if there was any mention... nothing much really...

But I did see an old article about how 'Sherlock Holmes' interviewed Hamilton... and one of my favourite misspellings of his name... Benedick. 
Sorry... I know the name thing is old... but... oh well. I needed a giggle 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 8, 2015 8:46 pm  #1214

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I did see an old article about how 'Sherlock Holmes' interviewed Hamilton... and one of my favourite misspellings of his name... Benedick.  

Very Shakespearean! 

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

January 8, 2015 8:59 pm  #1215

Benedick, the married man! (Nearly) 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 8, 2015 9:16 pm  #1216

I'd read it... just saying. Gladly! 

Btw, surprisingly they got his lastname right! 

This is the article... with a re-visit to the video of the interview at the Malaysia Grand Prix! 
http://www.bt.dk/motorsport/tv-hamilton-bliver-forhoert-af-sherlock-holmes-efter-sejr

Btw... I probably shouldn't say this... but my latest password at work is 'Cumberbatch' (shamefully because my login name is my initials...) but when I'm stressed I sometimes have to enter my password a few times 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 11, 2015 9:15 pm  #1217

Guys, guys, what is this? It can't be a bio of Ben already?

Team Hudders!

January 11, 2015 9:24 pm  #1218

There have been a couple of bios already.  Nothing authorized though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 11, 2015 9:27 pm  #1219

Not gonna read them if they aren't official.

But to be honest, I find it a bit silly. He is in his thirties and has worked as an actor for little over ten years. He is not ready to have a bio written of him yet. Not anything negative towards Ben, it's just too early.

Team Hudders!

January 12, 2015 7:46 am  #1220

The bios aren't worth reading, everything that's written there is already known by a average fan(could have written by one)  And I have better pics of him on my notebook. So I guess someone needed some money.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera