BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 29, 2014 10:03 pm  #141

Re: Poor Janine

I think they indicate on the commentary or in the special dvd that she will be back...or in fact was it just rumoured in the Press?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 29, 2014 11:02 pm  #142

oh, I have no idea of that actually...but I think she´s done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

November 30, 2014 8:02 am  #143

They say it jokingly in the commentary. 

November 30, 2014 8:41 am  #144

Sometimes on the commentary they are very clear about things and to be honest, they tend to be the important things...
Other times, you are not sure whether they are joking or not!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 30, 2014 8:46 am  #145

They do like to tease .

November 30, 2014 8:56 am  #146

They did about Moriarty again! That's the one I was thinking: I assume Steven is joking.
But no, I think they are very clear on the discussion about John and Mary.
With Sherlock and Janine it's more interesting...did she manipulate being Mary's maid of honour etc...

January 3, 2015 2:57 am  #147

To be honest, I saw Janine as interested in Sherlock Holmes simply because she found him entertaining/interesting to be around.

Apparently I'm the only one who interpreted the "famous Sherlock Holmes" comment as an allusion to whatever John/Mary had told her rather than what she had read in the newspapers. She's supposed to be Mary's closest friend, and the fact that she's the maid of honor suggests that she must have known John/Mary before Mary actually became engaged (and therefore, she knew John/Mary when Sherlock was supposed to be dead). I'm not saying that Mary has been relaying every dirty detail, but "my husband's famous best friend faked his suicide and is now helping with the seating chart" would have come up in conversation.

I actually see some parallels between her and John. She's using Sherlock for entertainment/adreneline purposes in the same way that John does. Obviously Sherlock and John's friendship is on a different level, but still. There's a lovely moment in the first episode where John is openly impressed and Sherlock is rather pleased and says that most people just tell him to piss off. Janine appreciates his talent in the same way, she takes his deductions seriously and jokingly asks if she can "keep him" which is actually quite a compliment because it suggests that she enjoys Sherlock's company (whereas most people decidedly do not).

I got the impression that she liked Sherlock for the same reason we like watching Sherlock. It's interesting/entertaining to watch him "do his thing" so to speak, and time with him is never boring. Within a few hours of meeting him, she's standing there watching him solve a murder case and making jokes about handcuffs. She's just enjoying being a spectator.

And to be honest, I think that given the choice between a) enduring an angry/jilted Janine standing in his hospital room crying dramatically about how she had loved him and b) libel and a truce, I think he would have prefered the first option.

January 3, 2015 10:43 am  #148

She is listed on IMDB as rumoured to star in 4.1.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 7, 2015 11:08 pm  #149

I hope we see her return. I don't think Janine and Sherlock are finished playing.

January 8, 2015 6:41 am  #150

Seeing as I've arrived at this thread.
Just a  thought I had overnight.
Do we think that years hence, whren the show ends, we'll see Sherlock retired to his parents' coittage?

Last edited by besleybean (January 8, 2015 6:41 am)

January 8, 2015 8:21 am  #151

Pretty sure that has been set up, certainly as a reference, and to have it as the retirement cottage when /if needed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 8, 2015 5:03 pm  #152

I've always assumed that the cottage is Daddy and Mummy's retirement home and that Mycroft lives in the family home.

January 11, 2015 6:12 pm  #153

miriel68 wrote:

And let's not forget that she was Magnussen's PA, I somehow cannot picture a really NICE girl getting such job . Also, no girl who calls Sherlock "Sherl" deserves my compassion, lol

Janine, an innocent poor woman? Seriousy? Magnussen wouldn't have hired her.God knows on how many other applicants she won the job,and how.

And who can tell what she knew exactly about Mary, brothers Holmes... Ok, Magnussen uses a mind palace, but he must have minimal files.

--------------------------------------------------------------
What? Cameras? Here? I'm in my nightie!

Board footera