BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 24, 2014 12:14 pm  #1

True Detective

An 8 one hour episodes series by HBO that is truely brilliant.

The story of the relationship between two detectives over 17 years as they investigate the ritual killing of a woman and it's connection between the disappearance of women @ children across the state.

Laid back southern gothic style mystery..stunning filmography..clever and intelligent dialog..wonderful soundtrack..gripping plot and rich in meaning and hidden depths.How evil at the top filters down through the "psycosphere" corrupting its enviroment and everything it touches..and always has and always will.

Told in the present..with flashbacks to the past and then moving into the future and its unusual end...imo the true detective is you..and working out what this series is really about.

Cannot say enough good things about it really...

The series concluded on HBO and Sky Atlantic a few weeks ago..but can be found at various online places ..and a second series is planned.

May 24, 2014 12:17 pm  #2

Re: True Detective

That show was amazing!  Will miss the original characters but have high hopes for the second season.
Recently heard that Jessica Chastain has been offered a part.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 5, 2014 1:38 am  #3

Excellent series!
I think it's interesting to contrast the "bromantic tension" between Marty and Rust with Sherlock and John.  I think Marty and Rust were a great example of a bromance- where I do find Sherlock and John far more 'romantic' than 'bromantic'!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

July 18, 2014 2:23 am  #4

Currently watching this series, and about halfway through.  It's a bit strange, really...not at all what I thought it would be.  I am enjoying it, but I guess I've heard so many rave reviews about it that I'm a bit shocked that I'm not more engrossed in it.  But, I will finish it, and hopefully it finishes out strong

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 19, 2014 5:14 pm  #5

You now nothing Jon Snow. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist). 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 21, 2014 1:01 am  #6

Davina wrote:

You now nothing Jon Snow. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist).

Lol...but he's learning ;)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 6, 2015 10:23 am  #7

Just watched it and I'm truly fascinated. It's a very dark show with fascinating characters but just in the right dimensions. I think I will have to watch it another time to fully get every clue but I'm looking forward to. I'm actually no fan, but I love love love Matthew in this! He looks edible and his performance is great! Unfortunately in the German dubbing his voice is very soft and hard to hear...
Aaaand nice and hopeful ending. I would very much look forward to another series!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

Board footera