BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 15, 2014 5:17 pm  #161

Re: What does your username/signature/avatar say about you?

Proud CumberCookie nuff said 

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

December 29, 2014 3:40 pm  #162

My username comes from the character of Archie Kennedy from the Hornblower series of films (made from about 1998-2001).  Ioan Gruffudd used to pronounce his name "Ah-chie" (he was Hornblower's best friend in the first four films) and I just loved how Jamie Bamber played Mr. Kennedy! 

I love that series still.  But unfortunately the production team decided that Archie had to be killed off and he wasn't in the last two films.  Still he died a wonderfully heroic death and even after watching it about a 150 times I still cry buckets!!

Ah-chie lives in my soul...

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

December 29, 2014 3:47 pm  #163

This username is from a book series I love and read as a teenager.

Last edited by Vhanja (December 29, 2014 3:48 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 30, 2014 12:28 am  #164

Cool usernames and meanings all of you!

I haven't fully explained my username I suppose.
As I said it's from a movie called 'Breakfast on Pluto' with Cillian Murphy as Patricia 'Kitten' Braden... from a book of the same name by Patrick McCabe. The film and book really shaped me...
In the film, when Kitten talks about her mother; who she is trying to find she usually refers to her as the "Phantom Lady"
She explains it this way "To pretend it's a story... else I might cry and never stop"
It's helped me cope with a lot of stuff, trying to become like Kitten... my nickname with some people is still Kitten or Kitty. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 5, 2015 11:16 pm  #165

I know I have already replied to this but want to add.

Userame:  I am a proud Cumbercookie *I also go by CumberDoodle*

Sig:  The pic change from tme to time but the quote more or less stays.

Its one of my fave quotes and excluding the clever part *I'm nt totally thick but I'm also not Sherlock smart* the quote more or less sums me up lol.

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

January 5, 2015 11:42 pm  #166

I was the first person on this forum (seeing as I made it), so naturally I chose the username Sherlock Holmes, because he's pretty much my favourite person in the world (except for maybe John Watson).

My avatar: I really love pictures of Sherlock with the violin, because I learnt to play the instrument myself as a result of watching Sherlock.

My signature: I decided I wanted a moving signature and this was always one of my favourite moments from the series.

I've had the avatar and signature since the beginning and I don't really want to change it too much because it's easy for people to recognise me that way, although recently I've added the Johnlocky bits.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 11, 2015 8:07 pm  #167

Wow, this is still going! I am so proud. I should have a picture of this thread with a certificate alongside it proclaiming my contribution to the internet.

Many thanks to everyone who has been adding to this thread whilst I've been away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

April 11, 2016 3:23 pm  #168

bump

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 11, 2016 4:38 pm  #169

I didn't think long about my username. I took mrs because I'm married (boring, I know...) and house from House, M.D. I loved this show and I am an M.D. myself (pediatrician).
My avatar is one of my favourite photoshops of our two boys, who are my heart, soul, liver, kidney and bone marrow in this lovely show.
My signature contains of my OSAJ membership card, a very famous quote from our boss and a variability of pictures and quotes.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

April 11, 2016 6:43 pm  #170

I had not realized that we had this topic.  I believe I explained my username in my introduction thread, but it's probably buried by now so I suppose I will explain it again.
I originally came up with my username when I had to sign up for AO3.  I had a couple of usernames that I had been using on various sites since I was about 14, but I didn't want to use either of those (1. because they are from fandoms that aren't important to me anymore 2. I don't like them as much anymore, and 3. I didn't want my new accounts to be easily traced to the same person/same "me" who created the old ones) since I wanted something different.  I knew on AO3 I would be reading and posting a fair bit of Sherlock stuff, so I wanted to relate it to that, and I didn't want to have to create a username with numbers in it (my old usernames on other sites have numbers, but I'm not as into that anymore).  My other important thing that I like is a musical and film called Hedwig and the Angry Inch, which is about a rocker telling essentially her life story in flashback (mostly).  There are awesome songs in it and I think it's a great text.  One of the characters in that is named Yitzhak.  I especially grew to like the character of Yitzhak through Lena Hall's portrayal of him on Broadway.  In a flash of (supposed) brilliance, I realized that if I took "Yitz" from Yitzhak and "ock" from Sherlock, it made "Yitzock" which is pronounced almost the same as Yitzhak (at least in my accent).  Hooray for wordplay! I liked how it combined two of my most favourite things, so that's what I chose.  And then when I signed up for this forum, I went with the same thing.

My avatar, in a shocking turn of events, is also what I use on AO3.  I found the picture of Sherlock and John at some point and saved it since I like Sherlock in the deerstalker.  I edited the colours a little bit and resized it and have thus been using it as an avatar here and on AO3 ever since.

My signature was originally just the green letters that say "Clueing for looks" (as some of you may remember from almost a year ago) but then I decided I wanted a small picture, too.  I used to make bar signatures like that when I was on another forum years ago (I don't think it exists anymore, since when I went to find it recently I would just get a "page not found") so I thought I would do something like that for here, so I made one for Sherlock and one for John.

Clueing for looks.

June 19, 2016 3:15 am  #171

ojisan is Japanese for honorable uncle. In Japan, when you encounter an elderly gentleman it is common to refer to him as ojisan. It fits me well because I have many nephews and nieces .

sirdenis

November 2, 2016 6:12 pm  #172

I chose "i'm-so-cHAngeAbLE" because I absolutely adore (obsessed w/) Moriarty. This is by far one of my favorite Moriarty quotes, and the pool scene is pretty darn awesome
My avatar is Sherlock during one of the huge plot twist parts of HLV. I love pictures where Sherlock shows his emotional/human side, especially ones that make me cryThe emotion Sherlock has on his face during that whole scene and the ones before that with Mary and getting shot and all that are beautiful.
My signature's picture are the eyes of Sherlock, John, and Moriarty. I've always been fascinated with eyes and the person that is behind them... thus my quote underneath it: "the eyes are the mirrors of the soul."
And I'm a HUGE sherlolly shipper

The eyes are the mirror of the soul

#sherlollyforever

February 27, 2018 5:20 pm  #173

That I'm  obsessed with Sherlock

The Game is on

Board footera