BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 10, 2012 10:27 pm  #1

List of all Benedict's films etc

I found this list on tumblr so I will be exploring more of these this weekend!
FILMS:
[2002] Hills Like White Elephants (The Man)

[2003] To Kill a King (The Royalist)

[2006] Starter for 10 (Patrick Watts)

[2006] Amazing Grace (William Pitt the Younger)

[2007] Inseparable (Joe/Charlie)

[2007] Atonement (Paul Marshall)

[2008] The Other Boleyn Girl (William Carey)

[2008] Burlesque Fairytales (Henry Clark) download | online

[2009] Creation (Joseph Hooker) download | online

[2010] Four Lions (Ed) download | online

[2010] Third Star (James) download | online

[2010] The Whistleblower (Nick Kaufman)

[2011] Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (Peter Guillam)

[2011] Wreckers (Dave)

[2011] War Horse (Maj. Jamie Stewart)

TV SERIES / APPEARANCES:
[2000 & 2002] Heartbeat

[2002] Fields of Gold (Jeremy)

[2002] Tipping the Velvet (Freddy)

[2002] Silent Witness (Warren Reid)

[2003] Cambridge Spies (Edward Hand) : Ep 1 - Ep 2 - Ep 3 - Ep 4

[2003] Spooks (Jim North)

[2003] Fortysomething (Rory Slippery)

[2004] Dunkirk (Lt. Jimmy Langley) : Ep 1 - Ep 2 - Ep 3

[2004] Hawking (Stephen Hawking)

[2005] To the Ends of the Earth (Edmund Talbot)

[2005] Broken News (Will Parker)

[2005] Nathan Barley (Robin)  Ep 3 - Ep 4

[2007] Stuart: A Life Backwards (Alexander Masters)

[2008] The Last Enemy (Stephen Ezard)

[2009] Marple: Murder Is Easy (Luke Fitzwilliam)

[2009] Small Island (Bernard Bligh) Ep 1 - Ep 2

[2010] Van Gogh: Painted with Words (Vincent van Gogh)

[2010] Have I Got News For You (Guest host)

[2010 - present] Sherlock (Sherlock Holmes) SHERLOCK MASTERPOST

[2011] The Rattigan Enigma (Presenter)

I will add links to any that are able to be viewed online as I check them out.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 13, 2012 3:26 pm  #2

Re: List of all Benedict's films etc

Radio- BBC you can add Cabin Pressure. He plays Captain Martin Crieff. This sitcom has been running since 2008, has had 3 series so far, each with 6 episodes and a Christmas Special. I can thoroughly recommend it. It is laugh aloud funny, though it will take you a little while to get into the characters, maybe one episode if you are really, really clever. You can download all episodes. Google Cabin Pressure to find it on-line.
The series revolves around the adventures of the crew of GERTI the sole plane in the MJN ( My Jet Now) Airline- no you can't line up one airplane.
The crew comprise: Carolyn Knapp Shappy CEO of MJN and sometime cabin crew, 1st Officer Douglas Richardson a.k.a. Sky God, Captain Martin Crieff anxious to be taken seriously and beard the respect which he believes is his due and Arthur Shappy son of Carolyn, cabin crew and who is very happy about pretty much everything really because everything is really, really great! This character is played by the writer of the programme, John Finnemore.
Each episode there is a different location which goes through the letters of the alphabet, though some are out of order.
Brilliant scripts, brilliant cast, brilliant comic timing! It's just BRILLIANT REALLY!

Once you have listened to it you will understand the inside jokes in the previous part of my post )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 28, 2012 6:45 pm  #3

I've just watched The Other Boleyn Girl.  I rented it from Netflix,  but it had the deleted scenes in a special feautures section, and not inside the movie.  Did the studio ever release a new cut, with all those deleted scenes in it?  Cos I remember that ben's character William Carey died.  OHHH   he looked so handsome in that costume he wore.  I just thought it was a little too big on him.   I've seen this movie several times before Sherlock made its way to us,  and I just did NOT notice him then.   Now I want to go and rent some of Ben's other movies,  JUST  to see him.  I  saw that other post  where there was a yutube link for all of ben's scenes from his movies.  THAT was brilliant,, we could merge that one with this thread? 

I also saw his  acting in Miss Marple's  'Murder is Easy'  and  I can't even find the book in my collection or at my library.  saw that one on youtube,  as netflix doesn't have Ben's  version in there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 28, 2012 8:01 pm  #4

You can see pretty much all of that online.
Except for Burlesque fairytales. Seriously, I've looked so long for that... if you guys ever find that one, let me know. But so far it seems like it is - indeed - a "fairytale".

Aaaand his acting is amazing in all of this.

July 13, 2012 9:28 pm  #5

Has Benedict done plays by Shakespeare?

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 17, 2012 7:02 pm  #6

Indeed he has!
He is listed to have taken part Love's Labour's Lost (Ferdinand), A Midsummer Night's Dream (Demetrius), As You Like it (Orlando) and Romeo and Juliet (Benvolio) in 2001 and 2002 in "Open Air Theatre, Regent's Park". He also took part in an audio book of "The Tempest" (2004) and, more recently, did the monologue "All the world's a stage" from As You Like it for a Google+ commercial.
You can find the audio stuff on Youtube, I think, at least parts of it.

July 21, 2012 11:20 pm  #7

thanks!!   

I  just watched a PBS  movie starring Benedict,  called  THE LAST ENEMY It was made 2008.  It's pretty good and it's closed captioned...There were a couple of scenes in it that made me think  "This is Sherlock!!"  I rented it frm Netflix.  In this series  he plays a math whiz,  who gets embroiled in a plot to cover up a fatal disease.  There's a couple of gov't agencies involved,  but I still cannot figure out who's the good guys and who's the bad guys.  I've only seen the first two hours of it so far.  It's pretty good.  Kind of dark,  but it IS a thriller.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

Board footera