BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 30, 2014 11:16 pm  #3361

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

Oh, and one more.

Last edited by Vhanja (December 30, 2014 11:19 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 30, 2014 11:19 pm  #3362

Maybe we already had this in the thread about scenes without background music, but in my opinion it definitely belongs here. It's when Sherlock rescues John from the bonfire. The way in which he shouts John's name is really devastating...
http://thejohnlockhell.tumblr.com/post/105106074932/scenes-without-background-music-the-bonfire-scene

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 30, 2014 11:24 pm  #3363

Vhanja wrote:

Oh, and one more.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 30, 2014 11:38 pm  #3364

SolarSystem wrote:

Maybe we already had this in the thread about scenes without background music, but in my opinion it definitely belongs here. It's when Sherlock rescues John from the bonfire. The way in which he shouts John's name is really devastating...
http://thejohnlockhell.tumblr.com/post/105106074932/scenes-without-background-music-the-bonfire-scene

And I really love how Sherlocks face is totaly in focus when John looks at him, but when he looks at Mary she's all blurry...

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

December 31, 2014 1:39 am  #3365

Vhanja wrote:

Oh, and one more.

bwahahahaha!  OMG, look at him. The proof is in the.....  face.

December 31, 2014 1:44 am  #3366

SolarSystem wrote:

Powerful. Much more so than it was with the obtrusive music. You can clearly hear Sherlock intensely panting, cursing, hurrying.

Interesting to see Mary's presence, but always standing back from the action, and often with her face in a blur. This is a powerful johnlock scene. I honestly sat here waiting for Sherlock to say, "Babe, are you all right?  Talk to me, damn it!" and to gather John up in his arms. Phew! *wipes sweat off brow* Hotness, in more ways than one.

December 31, 2014 3:30 am  #3367

*Johnlocks aggressively*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 31, 2014 11:19 am  #3368

ancientsgate wrote:

Interesting to see Mary's presence, but always standing back from the action, and often with her face in a blur. This is a powerful johnlock scene. I honestly sat here waiting for Sherlock to say, "Babe, are you all right?  Talk to me, damn it!" and to gather John up in his arms. Phew! *wipes sweat off brow* Hotness, in more ways than one.

God yes, you're absolutely right. With everything.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

December 31, 2014 12:01 pm  #3369

Hi! I was obsessing over Sherlock yet again and found something interesting while looking for the souce of naming the episode The Blind Banker.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Series arc of Sherlock | Clues to #johnlock being endgame | My fav Sherlock blog

December 31, 2014 12:05 pm  #3370

Go and read it, ladies! It is amazing. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 31, 2014 12:27 pm  #3371

I agree, it's  and 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 31, 2014 1:09 pm  #3372

ancientsgate wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Powerful. Much more so than it was with the obtrusive music. You can clearly hear Sherlock intensely panting, cursing, hurrying.

What I noticeed is how Sherlock rushes into the fire without a second thought and drags John out while Mary basically doesn't do anything and stands far back! Instead she only yells at (John! Get up John!) John to get up and get out of the fire! What I could gather from all this is like many times before (and after), moffits are showing us how our protagonists' so called platonic best friend cares or is devoted to him more than their love interests or in this case, future life partner.

Something kind of similar happened back in TGG when Sarah refused to make John breakfast in favor of having a shower while Sherlock let John have a chance to take a bite at the first opportunity they could catch a break from Moriarty's mad game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Series arc of Sherlock | Clues to #johnlock being endgame | My fav Sherlock blog

December 31, 2014 1:15 pm  #3373

tykobrian wrote:

What I noticeed is how Sherlock rushes into the fire without a second thought and drags John out while Mary basically doesn't do anything and stands far back! Instead she only yells at (John! Get up John!) John to get up and get out of the fire! What I could gather from all this is like many times before (and after), moffits are showing us how our protagonists' so called platonic best friend cares or is devoted to him more than their love interests or in this case, future life partner.

Yes, I don't get this. If it was my hubbie, I would be by Sherlock's side tearing out that fire. And that's not because I'm particular brave or heroic, not at all. Mary is a trained assassin, there is no way she would be paralyzed by fear. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 31, 2014 1:16 pm  #3374

and she's a nurse who knows that time matters

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 31, 2014 1:22 pm  #3375

Maybe she didn't want to blow her own cover... oh but no, she loves John, he's the love of her life.. oh, but wait...

December 31, 2014 2:10 pm  #3376

tykobrian wrote:

Hi! I was obsessing over Sherlock yet again and found something interesting while looking for the souce of naming the episode The Blind Banker.

This fills my heart with such joy!   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 31, 2014 5:25 pm  #3377

Lovely find...aw...
I just wonder if the Mofftiss know this little gem at all....
Oh, but on the other hand they would tell us that for John it's Mary and for Sherlock Janine or Irene or whoever female they can grasp and it's not necessarily directed at each other...ugh...
Why do I spoil the fun, sorry, meant to say, it's so lovely....

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 31, 2014 9:32 pm  #3378

Team Hudders!

January 1, 2015 6:19 am  #3379

Thanks for sharing!
Well I don't know about others, but I can only agree with her.
I realy hope he will be able to read the letter.

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

January 2, 2015 10:43 am  #3380

tykobrian wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Something kind of similar happened back in TGG when Sarah refused to make John breakfast in favor of having a shower while Sherlock let John have a chance to take a bite at the first opportunity they could catch a break from Moriarty's mad game.

Just finished watching HLV. Ok so after watching Sherlock rescue John from the fire CAM concludes that Sherlock cares about John very much. I wonder what he thought of Mary lurking in the sidelines and asking John to get out of the fire himself. 

Last edited by tykobrian (January 2, 2015 10:44 am)

Board footera