BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2015 5:43 am  #1

Here in the Rockies...

Hey, all, Jeff Ryan here, and greetings from the Colorado Rockies. The mountains, that is, not the team. And I should acknowledge that I was born and raised in the Boston, Massachusetts area, and then lived in Chicago for 20+ years. (No, I won't tell you how old I am, either.)

Anyway, read Holmes when a lad, watched Season 1 on BBC America this fall, and have just watched Season 2, and Season 3, Episode 1, on Netflix. Longtime Freeman fan, and newly-minted Cumberbatch fan. And the "fan" is literally from the "fanatic." Haven't been this excited about a show since "Justified." Glad to be here.   

January 1, 2015 10:12 am  #2

Re: Here in the Rockies...

Hi, warm welcome here! Enjoy being with us, Jeff! And have a Happy Sherlockian Year! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 1, 2015 1:55 pm  #3

Welcome and Happy New Year!

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

January 1, 2015 5:00 pm  #4

Always hear of that area being so nice!  And great way to start…  welcome!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 1, 2015 5:28 pm  #5

Welcome to the forum.

Justified is good stuff to be a fan of. I have only seen the first two seasons on DVD but hope to catch up one day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 1, 2015 5:49 pm  #6

Lovely to meet you Jeff, hope you like it here!

Happy New Years!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 1, 2015 6:35 pm  #7

Thank you all. Yes, the Rockies are an incredible place to live. Sort of like Middle Earth, without the bad parts. Schmiezi, Justified is pretty much all good. But you have seen Season 2, which is considered the best one, so count yourself lucky. Last Season, Season 5, was pretty damned awesome, though. Be interesting how they wrap it all up for Raylan and Boyd this year.

Read most of the Fargo thread last night - that, too, rated up there as some of the very best TV ever. Haven't read what's in store for the proposed Season 2. Don't see how they could top Season 1, but then I didn't see Season 1 coming, either.

January 1, 2015 6:36 pm  #8

By the way, why does it keep saying "Wrong!" under my username?

January 1, 2015 6:43 pm  #9

"Wrong" is your member title. It's the one everybody starts with and it will change after a few more posts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 1, 2015 6:55 pm  #10

Hmm. Seems a tad arbitrary, to say nothing of inaccurate.

January 1, 2015 7:18 pm  #11

Five more posts and it will be gone.

January 1, 2015 9:15 pm  #12

Will I then be assigned, without consultation or consent, another descriptor? Just curious. 

January 1, 2015 9:17 pm  #13

That is basically how it works...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 1, 2015 9:28 pm  #14

Welcome, Jeff, good to have you here. Look around and have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 1, 2015 9:59 pm  #15

jsrtheta wrote:

Thank you all. Yes, the Rockies are an incredible place to live. Sort of like Middle Earth, without the bad parts.

I once saw a documentary about Telluride, CO. Almost fell off the sofa, for the beauty.

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 1, 2015 10:39 pm  #16

Yeah, it's like every time you turn a corner, you say, "Holy Shit!"

January 1, 2015 10:45 pm  #17

Really stunning. Lucky you!

About the ranking, you could have a look at the user list and see how it proceeds.

January 2, 2015 5:30 am  #18

What Harriet said, up there.  Have family on the west coast and love it, but heard so much about the 'middle' area!    Love the mountains.
And yeah, a lot of online forums personalize it by having your 'ranking' (which automatically changes the more you keep posting) be a forum-related descriptor.  Like she said, just take a look at the 'user list' to see all the titles!  I think it's funny we all start out 'Wrong!' according to Sherlock, and work our way up.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 5, 2015 10:53 pm  #19

Welcome Jeff.

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

January 5, 2015 11:07 pm  #20

Thanks!

Board footera