BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 29, 2014 6:57 pm  #501

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2014

Tobe, Mattlocked, big hugs to you too. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 29, 2014 7:04 pm  #502

And from me or course as well. You all helped to make this a wonderful experience. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 29, 2014 7:08 pm  #503

This has been so wonderful! A big thank-you and group hug to everyone
Unfortunately the past while has been quite hectic for me and I haven't time to read and comment on all the stories, which I feel really bad about . Today is really the first day when I've enough free time to start reading them, which I am very excited about! I might not be able to comment on all of them before the author list is released, but I will read them soon!

-------------------------------------------------------

December 29, 2014 7:41 pm  #504

I have posted the complete list using the spoiler feature over at the other thread. That way you can find out about some of the fics but still remain unspoiled about the others.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 29, 2014 7:43 pm  #505

Oh, thank you, everyone. Reading all of the fics throughout the month have been lovely, and I'm so happy to have spent my first Sherlockian Christmas with you all.

My Head's Underwater, But I'm Breathing Fine
This is far more than I could have hoped for in a gift. I haven't had the time to finish reading it yeat, but it is so perfectly what I asked for and beyond, and I'm only on the fourth chapter! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Silver. I'll be coming back to give my full review and thank you when I finish! 

Last edited by BreathingIsBoring (December 29, 2014 7:43 pm)

December 29, 2014 8:05 pm  #506

Thank you very much for all the work, Schmiezi and all who were involved. Thank you also, Nakahara, Tobe and Mattlocked for the funny pics and jokes!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

December 29, 2014 8:30 pm  #507

Oh, this is so exciting!
*jumping up and down*
Thank you also to all the helpers of Santa who brightened the days in-between!!!
And I could actually restrain myself from revealing the authors of the last fics I haven't read so far, so more to look forward to !!!

Last edited by mrshouse (December 29, 2014 8:33 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 29, 2014 9:20 pm  #508

Wow, that final revelation is full of surprises. Well done everyone!

Thank you too, Mattlocked and Tobe, for all the lovely pictures! 

December 29, 2014 10:12 pm  #509

Thank you so much Schmeizi for all the hard work of organising and to every one - It has been such fun this year and the stories/pics and reviews of such great quality!  I will miss it! Im looking forward to reading the larger works on a03 soon I hope!  I am going camping for a few days now, but will stick mine up there when I get back (depends on how the weather turns out)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

December 30, 2014 3:13 pm  #510

I just wanted to chime in to say thank you and leave hugs to Schmiezi for taking the trouble of organising it all AND giving me the best prompt there was to be had (for me, I mean), to Santa's little helpers for all the fun in between the fics, and to all writers for a lovely collection of stories. It's been such fun!

Seriously, I bow to all of you who said you weren't confident about your writing and/or language skills and who went ahead all the same to produce these immensely good and varied stories! Some of you've got me thinking now that you were actually just fishing for compliments!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t breathe. I’m trying to think.

December 30, 2014 4:13 pm  #511

Not really, Jolie 

That's why I would like to thank everybody who had volunteered as beta readers (in my case Liberty and Wholocked). You all also did a tremendous job in helping to improve our writing, correcting spelling or grammar mistakes and giving an honest feedback. Thank you 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 30, 2014 6:06 pm  #512

You are very kind, Stoertebeker.  And I'd like to thank you and BreathingisBoring for giving me the opportunity to beta-read your stories and kindly overlooking my complete lack of qualifications and experience!   They were both great stories and so well-written that it was a very enjoyable experience for me!   I felt like I was getting a special preview

Thank you to the other writers too.  I'm only an occasional reader of fanfic, so I'm gradually catching up on the stories.  I've done a little bit of writing in the past so I know how hard it is and I'm grateful to you for providing us less talented or motivated people with such great reading material! (I just want to add that I'm incredibly impressed by people who can write good fiction in a language other than their first/native/usual one). 

(Hope you don't mind a little post from a non-writer here!).

Last edited by Liberty (December 30, 2014 6:14 pm)

December 30, 2014 6:13 pm  #513

I know I'm very late to the party now, but dear Schmiezi: Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into our fic exchange! You repeatedly asked for our opinions about all sorts of things, and it was evident how much you cared about us and the exchange. Wonderful job!
And of course: kudos to all the writers and photographers and helpers! It's great to be part of such a wonderful group of Sherlockians.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 30, 2014 6:50 pm  #514

Big thanks to everybody! It was a pleasure to organise this year's Exchange.

The Collection on AO3 will be online tonight or tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 30, 2014 8:11 pm  #515

December 30, 2014 9:05 pm  #516

I knew I was forgetting people. Thanks to the beta readers, Besley in my case. (Sorry I kept asking for clarification.) Also: Harriet for the converter, without you my fic would've been one big alinea, and Susi for sorting it out with me. 

Unfortunately, my fic was on a computer that died, so I will probaby take a while before it's on ao3. 

December 30, 2014 9:37 pm  #517

Silverblaze, I still have the version you sent me. I could mail it back to you tomorrow.
(Right now I am already in bed and posting from my Smartphone, so I can't do it right away.)

December 31, 2014 8:47 am  #518

Thanks, I've found it in my outbox so you don't need to. I'll just reedit it. 

January 4, 2015 3:54 pm  #519

Where abouts is the author list?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 4, 2015 3:58 pm  #520

other thread

Board footera