BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 29, 2014 4:04 pm  #1

let's have dinner !

Hello everybody !

My name is Maxime. I am a french student. I have lived in Paris since September because I am studying in Paris !

My first contact with the serie was during summer , one or two episode .. but recenty I watched the entire series in one week maybe , I liked it ! Then I watched again all the episodes with my family for the holidays , I love it !
When I watched a serie or a film , I always listen the music during hours, and I love this one !!

so ..let's have dinner !!

December 29, 2014 4:07 pm  #2

Re: let's have dinner !

Welcome to the forum. I discovered the series just about the same time as you did.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 29, 2014 4:09 pm  #3

I'm not hungry at the moment mais bienvenue chez nous! 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 29, 2014 4:40 pm  #4

Thank you vhanja and mrshouse   It is the first I wrote in a forum, it is exciting to join a fan community    where do you come from ?

In the last 3 years, I didn't watched too much series because of my studies, now I have more free times. That is why I am late I began Breaking Bad last week too (but it is not the topic of the forum ^^)

December 29, 2014 5:33 pm  #5

Hi, Maxime, warm welcome from me as well! Take your time, have a look around, here's a tea coming 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 29, 2014 6:51 pm  #6

Welcome to Sherlock/BC heaven!

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

December 29, 2014 8:00 pm  #7

Welcome to the forum. I'm looking forward to reading more from you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 29, 2014 8:03 pm  #8

Bonsoir, maxime. Welcome and nice to have you here. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 29, 2014 10:47 pm  #9

Thank you for your warm welcome Harriet ,Bronte89,Schmiezi and SusiGo
I take the opportunity to ask you questions to better understand your jokes and your jargon

Harriet ,tea instead of a dinner , why not ? I don't understand the differents parts of you signature. Could you explain to me what is OSAJ and the quotation? and the second part of your signature ?

I am happy to be in this heaven Bronte89  what does /BC mean ? does it refer to BBC ?

With Schmiezi signature , I understand what OSAJ letters refer but I still don't understand

Schmiezi and SusiGo , I learn German at school !! I learnt during 6 years , then I stopped 3 years and this year I do again do you know some french ?

I saw your blog SusiGo, it is great ! But I still don't watch the Imitation Game

PS.  how do you quote another post ?

Last edited by maxime (December 29, 2014 10:51 pm)

December 29, 2014 10:57 pm  #10

Lovely to meet you Maxime, and thanks for the dinner invitation! 

To quote you need to hit the "Quote button in the bottom of the persons post, in the right hand corner of their signature! Hope that helps!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 29, 2014 11:02 pm  #11

I love tea, and am always happy to share 

OSAJ is an acronym, and you know already what it stands for    It began as a little joke as some  mistook heartfelt passion for aggressiveness. Look into the gentle eyes of the boys in the logo, and you get an idea.

The quotation part is a comment on a photo in The Casebook that shows clearly the little attention only Sherlock actually pays to Irene when he covered her nude photo with a memo for John about dinner.
But that part of my sig is changing frequently anyway 

The second part is from the scene in A Study in Pink when John has his first look at the flat.

You quote by clicking on the "Quote" link on the right side (bottom) of a post.

Last edited by Harriet (December 30, 2014 8:03 am)

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 30, 2014 9:55 am  #12

Thank you The Phantom Lady ! You are all very nice !

Ok I begin to understand, John could be very agressive because of Sherlock but he don't . So you want him to express his aggressiveness ?

it is in the book, but in the serie he pays some attention to her, doesn't he ?

I found the scene, it is very funny ^^

December 30, 2014 10:08 am  #13

No, it's a mere joke about fandom only. OSAJ decided to choose a logo that expresses both gentleness and passion, as is our love for Johnlock, not aggressive actually, yet proud to be passionate Johnlockers.

Well, the book is an official release, so it's interesting what they offer us there 

December 30, 2014 10:22 am  #14

ok I understand   but now I am not sure to understand why there is the word "agressive" , I try :
Johnlockers are fans so we may think they are like groupies yet there are not ! they feel gentleness and passion for Johnlock.

Edit . I am reading some posts in the forum and I just understand that the world Johnlock means the couple John and Sherlock, that they may feel some sentiments ,isn't it ?

Last edited by maxime (December 30, 2014 10:42 am)

December 30, 2014 10:47 am  #15

This "Sherlock Fandom Glossary" might help you answer some questions:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BueXx9a4JmlpXGckaH_ODSPLGcRmw4AuxyT79UO6zLI/edit?pli=1#

December 30, 2014 3:42 pm  #16

Thank you , it is a good introduction to the Sherlock fandom

December 30, 2014 6:23 pm  #17

maxime wrote:

Johnlockers are fans so we may think they are like groupies yet there are not ! they feel gentleness and passion for Johnlock.

Exactly. Actually, you understood that better than other people.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 30, 2014 7:36 pm  #18

Hello and welcome!

Paris is such a lovely city, I was there for 4 or 5 times. Although I have learned French at school for 3 years, I´m not good in it. I can better understand than speak or write.
English is not easy for me too, but I can answer one of your questions:
BC is a short form for Benedict Cumberbatch. 

Bitte nicht so drängeln, wir sind hier bei der Arbeit und nicht auf der Flucht!
Please don´t push, we are at work and not on the run.

December 30, 2014 11:32 pm  #19

Schmiezi wrote:

maxime wrote:

Exactly. Actually, you understood that better than other people.

December 31, 2014 5:48 pm  #20

Bienvenue! He'll and welcome to the forum. Have fun!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera