BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 27, 2014 3:06 am  #481

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2014

They're all up now. Woohoo!

-------------------------------------------------------

December 27, 2014 8:57 am  #482

I am sure that the writer of the last fic is sorry for the delay. It was not finished by yesterday morning (European yesterday morning, that is. By the time it was, it was night again here, so yes, I couldn't post it myself.

Soooo, now that all fics are out, am I supposed to post a list with the title of the fic and its writer? I will open a group on AO3 later and post the link here.

Anybody needs an invitation to AO3, BTW? I still have links left.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 27, 2014 10:52 am  #483

Posting a list would be marvellous, dear!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 27, 2014 11:42 am  #484

How about waiting with revelation for another day or two? I am very curious as well but the last two fics are quite long and I suppose many haven't read them yet (I am in the middle of Variations on a Classic Theme at the moment, fabulous fic by the way!).

Last edited by stoertebeker (December 27, 2014 8:47 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 27, 2014 3:57 pm  #485

That's a good idea, stoertebeker. That way everybody can catch up before everything will be revealed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 27, 2014 7:24 pm  #486

I have to read a lot on my phone at the moment, which is so hard in this format with these big stories I have just about given up. Can't wait to read them on a03 though! So I'm voting for the big reveal sooner rather than later so I can read the last two properly, and also I'll admit I'm just really curious now!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

December 27, 2014 10:58 pm  #487

Variations on a Classic Theme

I am once again speechless with awe. This is (among many others) again a fic where I am so sorry that I won't be able to express my thoughts probably in English. But I'll try my best.
The story hooked me right away. Although, I must admit, I was a bit uncertain about the script format first. But all the wonderful and detailed descriptions of the scene settings, the appearance or demeanour of the characters made this format very dynamic and vivid. I had a very clear image in my mind while reading the plot, like a movie playing in my head 
Besides the fantastic story itself (a well constructed case fic with very clever written deductions) I very much liked all the characters in the story. I enjoyed a young Sherlock who already has a lot of the excentric behaviour we know from the series but who also is in some ways just a normal student. I read a lot of teen- or uni-lock stories where Sherlock is described as a sad and bullied outsider. That isn't the case here and I am glad for it. I liked the character of Violet very much, especially the scene between her and Sherlock in the hallway after the conversation with the headmaster was wonderful. I felt very sorry for the poor girl and I am glad, that Sherlock finally understood her. Victor was a fabulous character as well who was in some way a similar genius like Sherlock himself (I liked the idea that Sherlock wasn't able to beat him in chess ). The end of the story was so bittersweet, I honestly had tears in my eyes, knowing that Sherlock had lost a good friend with Victor (the rooftop scene between the boys was touching!). But on the other hand he has John now and their friendship being on a deeper and more mature level.
Thank you very much, yet unkown author, for this jewel of a story! I hope we'll read more of this kind from you

I haven't managed to read the last story yet. I finished the prologue and that was already very promising I hope, I will be able to read the rest tomorrow and leave a comment on that one too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 28, 2014 11:44 am  #488

This is for you, nakahara.  Not just for reading the fics and leaving such lovely and thoughtful comments - no, you also created all the jokes for the days in between! I think you deserve a big thank you from all of us. This was really wonderful. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 28, 2014 2:08 pm  #489

Thank you so much, Susi. 
I´ll treasure this beautiful bouqet from you and your kind words. They are both so beautiful. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 28, 2014 3:41 pm  #490

Oh yes, nakahara, that was so delightful! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 28, 2014 4:17 pm  #491

And a big big big big group hug and "Thank you" to Schmiezi, our host, for doing a wonderful job!
It was such a lovely experience and I'm sure I was not the only one to be super nervous with virtual stage fever at the beginning. Everybody was very kind and I have to say it was a lovely experience.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 28, 2014 4:23 pm  #492

That´s true.
Thank you very much, Schmiezi, for your excellent work and patience. (hug)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 28, 2014 4:31 pm  #493

From Dusk til Dawn

I loved it! It felt believable, I loved how you portrayed them. The last scenes in 221B was so heartwarming and loving, a good way to write fluff without becoming too pink and unicorn-y. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 28, 2014 8:38 pm  #494

I love being hugged, thank you.

December 29, 2014 12:16 pm  #495

Schmiezi, may I hug you too?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 29, 2014 12:20 pm  #496

And a another warm und special hug for Schmiezi:

source: br0_harry (deviant.art)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 29, 2014 12:21 pm  #497

Oh, Thud!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 29, 2014 12:24 pm  #498

Oh, Susi!! Oh oh, Susi....
Words fail me to express how beautiful this picture is....
I!want!that!very!much!!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 29, 2014 3:40 pm  #499

Thank you Schmiezi for organising everything and putting up the stories.

Thank you Nakahara for the in between things and your lovely reviews.

Thanks everyone for the amazing stories and all the lovely feedback. 

December 29, 2014 6:51 pm  #500

Please everybody, big hugs to Tobe and Mattlocked for their pics, too. A list is under construction.

@Susi thudthudthud! I love it. Thank you so much.

Board footera