BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 22, 2014 10:31 pm  #1

Benedict in German film magazine "epd film" (1/15)

Benedict features prominently on the cover of the current epd film magazine (issue 1/15). Inside is a long article about Benedict's career with some nice pictures and a wonderful centrefold plus a review of The Imitation Game.

At a first glance I only spotted one inaccuracy, the description of Parade's End puts the story around WWII instead of WWI.

http://www.epd-film.de/themen/zu-klug-fuer-diese-welt

http://www.epd-film.de/filmkritiken/imitation-game

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

December 23, 2014 5:02 am  #2

Re: Benedict in German film magazine "epd film" (1/15)

Thanks for that, diva. And it was about time they finally take notice... but of course: Benedict's Alan is compared to his Sherlock. God, this is so boring...

Last edited by SolarSystem (December 23, 2014 5:04 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 23, 2014 4:26 pm  #3

Well, one reason could be the same voice actor ...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 23, 2014 4:40 pm  #4

Yes, it is good to see that he finally gets some appreciation in Germany. Although I do not agree with this:

Eine erste Andeutung ist in HAWKING wahrnehmbar, doch im Vergleich zu Eddie Redmayne, der gerade in DIE ENTDECKUNG DER UNENDLICHKEIT die ganze Brüchigkeit von Hawkings physischer Existenz  durchgespielt hat, kratzt Cumberbatch nur an der Oberfläche. 

This may be due to the fact that he played Hawking at the very beginning of his illness when only the first symptoms showed. Which does not mean that his increasing problems in walking and using his hands and the slurring of his speech and his initial desperation and later courage were not done brilliantly. He and Eddie Redmayne show us two different periods of Hawking's life but it is not really fair to call Benedict's version superficial.

But taken all in all this is a very nice way of bringing him to people's attention over here. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 23, 2014 5:07 pm  #5

And it's a renowned magazine for film culture 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera