BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 15, 2014 9:07 pm  #341

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

Oh, like a secret agenda or something. Now I actually remember reading something like that from one of Susi's links from the debate thread. I didn't know that was a 'thing'. That blogger believed that s5 will be the last because they'll be together then. Well, at least it's falsifiable. Sort of. Until you get there of course. 

December 16, 2014 2:50 pm  #342

Here is a link to an interview with Mark Gatiss from an Indian source. 

http://www.thenewsreports.com/mark-gatiss-wonders-sherlock-holmes-doesnt-typical-bollywood-adaptation/12572/devrupa-rakshit

I have no idea how reliable this is. "First episodes" in plural, a confirmation that Moriarty has faked his death as well, that the special show the definite truth without presenting three versions … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 16, 2014 4:23 pm  #343

I think the 'first episodes' was something the interviewer might have misheard. i think it refers to the special. I'm a bit sceptical about the 'confirmation' but we'll see. 

December 16, 2014 11:07 pm  #344

Something just struck me - why does Amanda dye her hair for Sherlock while she is in a stage production until 20 December? Is it not unusual to change your looks for a part while still being in another production? The whole readthrough thing with half the actors missing and contradicting messages and now this is quite suspicious if you ask me. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 17, 2014 6:26 am  #345

True about Amanda's hair bleach..... Never considered that.... But what exactly are the contradicting messages, Susi?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 17, 2014 7:27 am  #346

Ben's hair is black again...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 17, 2014 7:30 am  #347

Woohoo!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 17, 2014 7:50 am  #348

mrshouse wrote:

True about Amanda's hair bleach..... Never considered that.... But what exactly are the contradicting messages, Susi?

When they posted the Victorian dress pic of Benedict and Martin some people said it was photoshopped because of Benedict's missing shoulder. Amanda got a bit worked up and tweeted that they had been there in person and taken the photo. Later on BBC posted a corrected pic with the shoulder in. So we do not know if they were at the readthrough or not. And we know that Louise was not there because she is currently in Australia. And now they are getting their hair dyed weeks before filming is said to start.

As for the hair - yeah! 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 17, 2014 7:50 am)

December 17, 2014 7:52 am  #349

Hm, true, that seems odd. Sure all the hair dye and bleach will grow out in no time? And what is the point of a readthrough with half the cast missing? But Loo might not be involved to a big extent...

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 17, 2014 7:54 am  #350

True. But last time they published a lot of pictures, Benedict with the earpods, Martin with the grapes, all of them sitting around the table and reading. This time we got nothing but a possibly photoshopped pic and some tweets.  

December 17, 2014 7:55 am  #351

Are there any tweets from Mark or Loo?

December 17, 2014 7:58 am  #352

Amanda told her that Una read for her and she answered something about it being strange to be in Australia during this.

And Markt tweeted yesterday:Mark Gatiss ‏=13px@Markgatiss  16. Dez.There's a West wind coming...East!

Last edited by SusiGo (December 17, 2014 8:00 am)

December 17, 2014 8:04 am  #353

Maybe I'm dumb, but...what is behind this tweet, apart from the announced angst in the next series?

December 17, 2014 8:05 am  #354

Maybe they just want to confuse the hell out of the fans to avoid too much Setlock craziness...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 17, 2014 10:48 am  #355

Could it be that they are doing promo pics before the actual shoot?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 17, 2014 1:01 pm  #356

I think they are messing with us in an epic fashion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 17, 2014 2:01 pm  #357

I'm torn between thinking we're being messed with, they're doing promo pics, and hoping that perhaps they're filming scenes as the actors become available.

Now, I have go Google 'martin freeman grapes'...

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

December 17, 2014 2:18 pm  #358

If I remember correctly, Martin´s grapes were very popular:

Last edited by nakahara (December 17, 2014 2:19 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 17, 2014 2:39 pm  #359

Okay, the grapes are funny, but Martin being dressed in the Joker's colours is even better (I'm really into Batman ). I love the look on Ben's face and the arm around the shoulders, Martin leaning in. It's obvious they have a good time on set.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

December 18, 2014 10:05 pm  #360

I think the Victorian dress is just to mess with us a bit. They all have their trolling license after all. 

This is another hypothesis I'm just throwing out there but I was thinking, they've made a couple of really big epic storys. You know, TRF, TEH, HLV, even TSOT was very big in a way. Maybe they're going small now. I mean you can't keep yourself in a race for more epic stories forever. Maybe it'd be more something like Hounds, funny smaller scale story and not a major mindfuck every ten minutes. 

Board footera