BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 15, 2014 7:34 am  #61

Re: The Hobbit - The Battle Of The Five Armies

OT, but - got a link to that interview?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 15, 2014 7:40 am  #62

Sorry about double post, but I just thought of something:

From what I understand, fans are speculating that Martin might be pissed at Benedict due to Benedict saying yes to take on more and more projects, constantly getting Sherlock pushed and delayed. Amanda had tweeted that since he had said yes to Dr. Strange, Sherlock would then obviously be pushed further.

But I would've thought that the filming schedule for S4 would already have been set? So that Benedict couldn't say yes to other projects without breeching contract. (Just like The Hobbit was filmed around Sherlock's schedule for the same reason).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 15, 2014 1:24 pm  #63

Seeing as Benedict just recently reiterated that he'd like to still be playing Sherlock as an old man, I don't think he'd be after messing up Sherlock's shooting schedule, particularly as they haven't GOT a shooting schedule for anything but the special yet, so far as we know.

I haven't seen Amanda's tweet so I can't comment, but Mofftiss and Vertue do seem to find their stars' in-demand-ness handy for blaming delays on!

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

December 15, 2014 5:15 pm  #64

I took it that as much as possible, the Sherlock team try and fit around Benedict and Martin's other commitments.
Having said that, Martin very nearly lost the Hobbit, because he wasn't prepared to renage on his Sherlock commintments...Peter Jackson moved the schedule around Sherlock.
I follow Amanda on Twitter, but don't remember that tweet...but I did see others specualting that Dr Strange must mean Sherlock would be delayed.
I'll ask one of my Twitter pals, she usually has her finger on the pulse...
EDIT: ok she got back to me.
Amanda didn't tweet it.
Somebody else did.
But Amanda favourited the tweet.

Last edited by besleybean (December 15, 2014 5:43 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 15, 2014 5:58 pm  #65

I suppose I've never realised what a difficult area film-making must be in terms of managing all this.  Getting ALL the popular actors together at the same time, with the other people involved too. 

It's difficult to tell from the short clip, but it could just be jokey with a genuine message ("for goodness sake, can't anybody interview me without mentioning Benedict Cumberbatch?").   I think it's kind of his style to say something like that.  He's not as affable as Benedict. And I could see how the constant repitition of Benedict's name could get irritating, when Martin's a famous, respected actor in his own right.  (And was the bigger star in the UK for years!).

December 15, 2014 6:07 pm  #66

I agree with you entirely, but I don;t think he's mad at Benedict.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 15, 2014 6:12 pm  #67

besleybean wrote:

Amanda didn't tweet it.
Somebody else did.
But Amanda favourited the tweet.

You know, favoriting a tweet like that reads to me like an expression of my family's motto: Hey, it's not MY fault...

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

December 15, 2014 6:21 pm  #68

I wondered if it was more she was acknowledgng it's true, but there are not necessarily any bad feelings.

Board footera