BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 16, 2014 3:11 pm  #301

Re: Tell us what part of the world you come from

Davina wrote:

Hammarby?

LOL   Not quite. Why? 

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

November 17, 2014 7:57 am  #302

Ah...just a little Skarsgård thing I've got going on! 

Actually, my nephew is with a gal from Stockholm (in London) but spent quite a bit of time there as well.

Last edited by Davina (November 17, 2014 7:58 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 17, 2014 9:07 am  #303

I'm originally from Dresden, Germany where I lived until 2008. In 2009 I moved to Hamburg because of a job. But in my heart I will always be a Dresdener.

Last edited by Steph (November 17, 2014 9:07 am)

November 17, 2014 2:11 pm  #304

seriously?! i would expected more british people, but ,well, there go the europians!!!! although the U.S. is keeping up))

“Honey, you should see me in a crown.”-Moriarty
“I’m in shock. Look-I’ve got a blanket.”-Sherlock
“Four serial suicides and now a note! It’s Christmas!”-Sherlock
“Brainy’s the new sexy”-Irene Adler
“Every fairy tale needs a good old-fashioned villain”-Moriarty

November 17, 2014 4:15 pm  #305

Davina wrote:

Ah...just a little Skarsgård thing I've got going on!

Actually, my nephew is with a gal from Stockholm (in London) but spent quite a bit of time there as well.

Aww I see 
Oh, sounds fun! There's lots to see here!

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

December 8, 2014 11:20 pm  #306

Ugh I'm from Italy! Is there any italian?

December 9, 2014 6:46 am  #307

My son lives in Italy with an Italian!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 9, 2014 7:26 am  #308

I am from Europe, Germany to be correct.

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

December 11, 2014 7:21 pm  #309

I'm from Norway.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 29, 2014 3:32 pm  #310

I'm from Canada - The city of Sarnia, in the province of Ontario to be precise.  Born there, raised there and live there now.
-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

January 16, 2015 6:32 pm  #311

Calling us Holmies is awesome! I've never heared that in Canada.

February 27, 2015 2:18 am  #312

Well, I thought I'd add to the ridiculous amount of French people so far (5, including me...).
The biggest city near me is Reims (where Kings used to be crowned)... I would love to go and live in England one day. Possibly London, if I ever come into quite a lot of money...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

February 27, 2015 7:36 am  #313

So, another Aussie here - in reply to the call AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE, I say OI OI OI!

I even spotted another Canberran - are you still around, hepzibah?

I have enjoyed the whole conversation about where everyone is from, accents etc. Even is Australia we have a bit of variety in our accents, I think it's really interesting that there is such variation among English-speaking countries.

Earlier there was talk about whether you need the subtitles switched on when watching Sherlock - I like to have them on, as I would miss some of the dialogue otherwise. I don't have a problem understanding the accents, but when Sherlock talks a mile a minute my ears can't keep up! It may also be that I'm going deaf in my middle age 

I'm lucky to be able say that I lived in London for about 2 years all up - back in 1999/2000 and in 2005/2006, so long before BBC Sherlock. I have been to Baker Street but not to see 221B - I think it was Madame Tussaud's? I would have walked to Marylebone Road from Baker Street tube station. Watching Sherlock makes me miss living in London, it is such a great city   

I have also travelled to many of the other countries mentioned in this thread and wish I could return to all of them! Has anyone from the northern hemisphere been down under?

Last edited by ukaunz (February 27, 2015 7:37 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 27, 2015 6:30 pm  #314

Lilythiell wrote:

Well, I thought I'd add to the ridiculous amount of French people so far (5, including me...).

I'm french too ! Just beginning on the forum So now we're 6 ! B)

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

September 27, 2015 6:33 pm  #315

That we are! Good to know

Welcome to the forum, by the way, Solenn!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

September 27, 2015 6:36 pm  #316

Merci ;)

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

June 9, 2016 2:13 am  #317

By now I have lived in Hollywood for the majority of my life. I refer to myself as a denizen of Hollywood. I have seen things in Hollywood that would amaze you all.  Such as the time I saw a flying saucer over the Capitol Records building. You will never guess who or what was in it.  

sirdenis

June 9, 2016 4:03 am  #318

Elvis and Buddy Holly?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 21, 2016 4:24 pm  #319

Can't we specify in Europe?
I'm British and pretty proud to share the same accent as Ben, as pompous as it can sound :/

January 6, 2017 11:40 am  #320

Europe, more specifically the north of France, near Belgium !

Board footera