BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 28, 2012 10:07 am  #1

Wimbledon 2012

Australia is currently in mourning as all our players have been 'bundled out' of Wimbledon  . I personally couldn't care less, but. as a country, we take our sport very seriously. We spend squillions of Olympic preparations and usually end up about fourht or fifth on the medal table. which isn't too bad for a country of 22 million.

If anyone wants to read a brilliant fanfic about Sherlock and John playing tennis, go to Archive of Our Own and look for A Study In Winning
http://archiveofourown.org/works/366788/chapters/596177
A word of warning - it is slash, which means lots of naughyt bits between our (fictional) boys, so if that alarms or offends, don't go there!

Last edited by hepzibah (June 28, 2012 10:09 am)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 28, 2012 10:23 am  #2

Re: Wimbledon 2012

I love my tennis; and how they couldn't see this day coming is beyond me.
So this year, thank heaven Rafa is there is all I can say.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 28, 2012 2:14 pm  #3

My kids are there to watch tomorrow. Lucky things.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 29, 2012 9:35 am  #4

Oh, Kazza, Rafa has bitten the dust, bad luck, babe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 29, 2012 12:17 pm  #5

That was heartbreaking for him & for me. But very quickly I thought "He needs a break actually".
The low ranked players are always the dangermen in the big tournies. They just go for everything, they have nothing to lose.

Oh well. Not sure I want to watch any more this year. And I've been a loyal watcher for wayyy over 35 years. Which isn't easy when it starts at 11pm here, lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 29, 2012 2:08 pm  #6

The guy who beat him yesterday was absolutely amazing though. What a turn up for the books.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 5, 2012 12:40 pm  #7

Well a Brit is through to the semis.

July 7, 2012 11:14 am  #8

Murray is now through to the finals. First British male player to do this for over 75 years (Fred Perry).

July 19, 2012 3:53 pm  #9

Girls... Rafa won't go to the Olympics 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 19, 2012 6:44 pm  #10

Oh  . I wish more had been made in the UK of the men's doubles winners, one of whom was a Brit who had only got into the competition in the first place on a Wild Card.

Board footera