BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 5, 2014 11:30 am  #3081

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

Everybody ships them. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 6, 2014 9:00 am  #3082

I know this isn't Johnlock, but this is what I would want Johnlock to look like... among other things...
Please, if "Torchwood" can do it, so can "Sherlock"...!!!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 6, 2014 9:07 am  #3083

This looks lovely indeed...
And no discussion apparently if the actors want to go for it or if they are in love with another character or are thrilled or jealous and so forth. Bleh. Good pairing, so ready, steady, go!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 6, 2014 9:09 am  #3084

I'm interloping, just to say:  ooh, John Barrowman.
I love him and can't get enough of him.
He is responsible for one of the funniest things I ever saw on TV:
when he mimed performing a sex act on Jimmy Carr!

Last edited by besleybean (December 6, 2014 9:09 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 6, 2014 9:21 am  #3085

mrshouse wrote:

This looks lovely indeed...
And no discussion apparently if the actors want to go for it or if they are in love with another character or are thrilled or jealous and so forth. Bleh. Good pairing, so ready, steady, go!

I think John Barrowman jumped at the chance to do this, he is a bit on the crazy side. And he's gay. Which of course shouldn't be of any importance when it comes to playing or not playing a gay character, they're all actors after all and should be able to play whatever the writers throw at them.
But yes, these two guys are lovely together. And their romance isn't shown in a very explicit way in the show, either (except for one or two scenes), but the things that you get to see just work perfectly.

Last edited by SolarSystem (December 6, 2014 9:21 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

December 6, 2014 9:29 am  #3086

I loved their relationship in Torchwood. Really beautiful. And I had to think of someone we all know when Ianto was talking about being in love with Jack while not even being gay. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 6, 2014 9:30 am  #3087

Oh yes. He's doesn't love men, he's just in love with this one man...

December 6, 2014 9:31 am  #3088

*nods in approval*

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 6, 2014 6:26 pm  #3089

SolarSystem wrote:

I know this isn't Johnlock, but this is what I would want Johnlock to look like... among other things...  Please, if "Torchwood" can do it, so can "Sherlock"...!!!

Barrowman is an out and proud gay man in RL, very publicly married to another man, and so he has absolutely no qualms whatsoever about being shown getting physical with another guy in his acting gigs. BC and MF seem to be totally straight, so IMO they have more to risk professionally, if Sherlock goes there. I think it would be okay, that the world would not end if Sherlock's writers went there with Sherlock and John, but.... if BC and/or MF are the least bit squeamish, then I don't think we'll ever see it. In fact,  I'd rather they DIDN'T go there in that case, just so I don't have to sit and get squeamish about them being squeamish!

December 6, 2014 8:14 pm  #3090

I know I'm not supposed to be here...this may be me bowing out again.
But a few points:
What do you mean, Benedict and Martin SEEM totally straight?
Then, I don't think either actors would have any problem playing a gay couple.
Finally, this would not be why it won't appear in Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 6, 2014 10:42 pm  #3091

Go and open your own thread about that, besley.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 6, 2014 10:44 pm  #3092

Neither Ben nor Martin seem squeamish to me if you look at their acting resumes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 6, 2014 10:46 pm  #3093

That was my thinking.

December 6, 2014 10:50 pm  #3094

ancientsgate wrote:

Barrowman is an out and proud gay man in RL, very publicly married to another man, and so he has absolutely no qualms whatsoever about being shown getting physical with another guy in his acting gigs. BC and MF seem to be totally straight, so IMO they have more to risk professionally, if Sherlock goes there. I think it would be okay, that the world would not end if Sherlock's writers went there with Sherlock and John, but.... if BC and/or MF are the least bit squeamish, then I don't think we'll ever see it. In fact,  I'd rather they DIDN'T go there in that case, just so I don't have to sit and get squeamish about them being squeamish!

If they were the least bit squeamish about it, they wouldn't deserve to be called professional actors. It's their job and quite frankly, I expect them to be able to do whatever the writers throw at them. And as far as I can tell from what I've seen of their work in the past I'd say: they'd be able to do this in a highly professional way.

tonnaree, we cross-posted...

Last edited by SolarSystem (December 6, 2014 10:51 pm)

December 6, 2014 11:25 pm  #3095

December 6, 2014 11:31 pm  #3096

YES. That was a very acurate description of the episode.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 7, 2014 2:54 am  #3097

BBC3 lovesa us and wants us to be happy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 7, 2014 7:01 am  #3098

And so we love bbc3!

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

December 7, 2014 8:31 am  #3099

Though we love BBC 1 best, as that is where we get to see our boys first.

December 7, 2014 11:50 am  #3100

So since when do you actively support Johnlock in the series, besley? You are free to open your BBC1 thread, if you want to discuss that.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera