BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 4, 2014 8:51 pm  #1

111 things you might not know about Sherlock season 3

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/sherlock/241667/111-things-you-might-not-know-about-sherlock-season-3

There were really things I didn't know *LOL*

I like this one 

94. Benedict Cumberbatch’s dad, Timothy Carlton, insisted on wearing the garish red bow tie on the Christmas Day scenes because he says he wears bowties and musical socks at Christmas in real life to embarrass him.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 4, 2014 9:15 pm  #2

Re: 111 things you might not know about Sherlock season 3

Strangely, I did actually know that one!  Maybe it was in the commentary - actually, I think most of these are from the commentaries!   Still going to have fun reading them all, though.  There were loads of great little bits from the commentaries that I wanted to post here, but couldn't find the right thread for.

Edit: I think ALL of these are from the commentaries!

Last edited by Liberty (December 4, 2014 9:21 pm)

December 4, 2014 9:19 pm  #3

Loooong article but quite interesting. 

Had no idea that Benedict jumping through the window in TEH was a composite shot. Always wondered how they did it.

And the extras from TRF and TEH were the same with two years pause in between? Oh my God  - it was probably hell to round them all up again! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 4, 2014 9:28 pm  #4

I liked the detail about the real person behind Magnussen/MIlverton.  They talked about this when Magnussen was visiting 221B.   The wikipedia page is interesting (and it seems there were rumours about him being a blackmailer, but no actual proof). 

Also liked the orchid on the fishing line.  And Moffat's comments about inadvertently reusing dialogue in different shows!

Beautiful Sherlock picture at the end, too.

Last edited by Liberty (December 4, 2014 9:28 pm)

December 4, 2014 9:47 pm  #5

I also liked the one about Martin hating his moustache and "But I'm a sex symbol!" 

Interesting as well 
According to Sue Vertue, Mary Morstan’s line “Well, he would have needed a confidante” is our first hint that the character isn’t exactly who she says she is. “She’s assessing it from her point of view.”

That's the first thing I thought after watching HLV and and watching TEH again and also in that cafe (?) before Sherlock is hit the third time that moment John gets angry because Sherlocks thinks he's overreacting, Mary seems to agrees with Sherlock.

Last edited by Ivy (December 4, 2014 9:48 pm)

----------

December 4, 2014 9:48 pm  #6

Thanks, Ivy!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 4, 2014 10:55 pm  #7

Well, that was refreshing, lots of new information!

I remember watching the end of TSOT with Sherlock banging on the door and thinking that that must have hurt. It apparently did!

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

December 5, 2014 11:59 am  #8

101. The line from Mycroft to Sherlock that “your loss would break my heart” was heavily debated, but left in on the understanding that Mycroft had been drugged by that point, explaining his emotional candour.

That's not a surprise

----------

December 5, 2014 1:09 pm  #9

68. In the lab scene where Wiggins deduces that John has been cycling to work, they had trouble ironing the required creases into his shirt as it was made from a non-iron fabric.

That's funny.

7. Una Stubbs’ nickname for Rupert Graves is “Mr Gorgeous.”

61. Una Stubb’s nickname for Lars Mikkelsen is “Mr Gorgeous.”

???
Ah well, aren't they all just "Mr. Gorgeous"? 

Thanks for posting, Ivy!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 5, 2014 1:50 pm  #10

Mattlocked wrote:

7. Una Stubbs’ nickname for Rupert Graves is “Mr Gorgeous.”

61. Una Stubb’s nickname for Lars Mikkelsen is “Mr Gorgeous.”

???
Ah well, aren't they all just "Mr. Gorgeous"?

Yes... but one particular Mr. Gorgeous is more gorgeous than any other Mr. Gorgeous. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 5, 2014 6:12 pm  #11

She does call them both "Mr Gorgeous" in the commentaries.  I didn't think it was her nickname for them - just an approving comment on their looks! 

December 5, 2014 10:47 pm  #12

29. It was in the original plan for Sherlock to try out Mrs Hudson, as well as Molly, as a potential assistant in The Empty Hearse, but never came to pass. "She would have said no," says Una Stubbs.

I am so glad they did not include crime-solving with Mrs. Hudson (I think it would have been hilarious though, with her telling him to button up his coat in the middle of a brilliant deduction).
I felt Molly really deserved the moment she got just before they parted ways again, when Sherlock finally gives her a genuine smile. That is one of my favourite scenes. It’s just such a little, gentle gesture, but it seems to say so much. I feel having him trying out different partners would have taken away from his thank you to Molly.

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

December 5, 2014 11:21 pm  #13

Lola Red wrote:

I am so glad they did not include crime-solving with Mrs. Hudson (I think it would have been hilarious though, with her telling him to button up his coat in the middle of a brilliant deduction). 

I felt Molly really deserved the moment she got just before they parted ways again, when Sherlock finally gives her a genuine smile.

That scene really hints at how much happened between them around the time of the fall (and we get more when we learn that he uses her flat as a bolthole). There is so much progress in their relationship in these few lines. Sherlock acknowledges her feelings for him and let's her down gently by making it clear that there's something wrong with him and that she deserves better. There is such fondness conveyed towards Molly in the smile before the kiss, so much character growth from the SIB kiss.

So, yeah. What Lola said.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

Board footera