BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 19, 2012 3:41 pm  #1

Martin nominated for an Emmy

Hm, Amanda seems pleased

Last edited by hepzibah (July 21, 2012 2:40 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 19, 2012 4:11 pm  #2

Re: Martin nominated for an Emmy

Awww!  Very sweet!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was worth a wound–it was worth many wounds–to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask. The clear, hard eyes were dimmed for a moment, and the firm lips were shaking. For the one and only time I caught a glimpse of a great heart as well as of a great brain. All my years of humble but single-minded service culminated in that moment of revelation.

July 19, 2012 4:12 pm  #3

Just wait til he gets nominated for an Oscar (The Hobbit)!   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was worth a wound–it was worth many wounds–to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask. The clear, hard eyes were dimmed for a moment, and the firm lips were shaking. For the one and only time I caught a glimpse of a great heart as well as of a great brain. All my years of humble but single-minded service culminated in that moment of revelation.

July 19, 2012 4:14 pm  #4

Fetchinketch wrote:

Just wait til he gets nominated for an Oscar (The Hobbit)!   

That would really be awesome. Let's hope for it (I'm sure his work will be worth it)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 19, 2012 4:17 pm  #5

Yeh, she will need a tshirt that says feck You, I Won A BAFTA, and an Emmy, and an Oscar (Graham Norton Show reference for those who don't get it.)

Last edited by hepzibah (July 19, 2012 4:19 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 19, 2012 4:21 pm  #6

I just hope our boys will both get one  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 19, 2012 9:27 pm  #7

Aww
we're also proud, Amanda!

If he gets this Emmy and then the Oscar... wooooow, that would be so awesome. :D

July 20, 2012 5:49 pm  #8

Martin's brother Jamie also tweeted this: my amazing brother Martin Freeman has been nominated for an #emmy2012!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 23, 2012 3:55 pm  #9

Sorry, but in light of the above post I can't resist:  My amazing sister, ~~~, has won an Emmy!

It was several years ago and in a writing category.  I don't want to say more as that could reveal my real life identity...unless you want to offer her a job and then I'll be happy to communicate with you.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

July 23, 2012 4:47 pm  #10

Nor should you resist Sherli. I would be bursting with pride  .

You need to buy her the T shirt to wear now  .

July 23, 2012 6:56 pm  #11

You should be proud! Shout it out loud!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 24, 2012 4:25 am  #12

Yes, I am very proud of her.  Dare I say I'm f...  No, but you all can think it!   

The interesting thing was that when I finally saw the real Emmy award (my sister lives in LA; I don't), it was much bigger than it appeared on TV.  The actual statue is about 18 inches tall.  It's also very heavy.  But it looks gorgeous and I hope Martin wins one, too!  (Just added that so I wouldn't be completely off-topic!    )

Last edited by Sherli Bakerst (July 24, 2012 4:26 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

Board footera