BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 1, 2014 9:23 pm  #1

Exclusive news!!!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 1, 2014 9:29 pm  #2

Re: Exclusive news!!!

Aww .  But it shouldn't really be announced if they don't want it announced.

December 1, 2014 9:46 pm  #3

Well, we could eliminate this topic but I´m afraid, now that some nice "source" leaked it out, it will be all around the world tomorrow anyway. 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 1, 2014 9:54 pm  #4

Oh, I didn't mean you, I meant the journalist/magazine (and whoever leaked the story, although they could have done it by accident).  I suppose it's one of the perils of public life, but it's not very nice. 

She is only two months along, so they’re keen to keep it a secret until they’re past the three months stage. They will deny the pregnancy until they want to announce it. They’re very private.

Not any more

Last edited by Liberty (December 1, 2014 9:55 pm)

December 1, 2014 10:00 pm  #5

Well, probably some friend had a big mouth... or was too drunk or something similar.

I hope it was not sold to the news with the intent to grab some money for the media bomb. 

Last edited by nakahara (December 1, 2014 10:00 pm)

December 2, 2014 6:09 am  #6

Aww…  very happy for them, but, honestly, a little dubious of it.  Not to be a downer or anything.  Just seems like it screams typical tabloid site click-bait, claiming an 'anonymous source' 'close to the couple', when considering how private they are (and how, from interview comments, it seems his friends watch out for him), would someone close to them really do that?  Maybe accident… but even saw a pic of Sophie holding a wine glass at the recent The Evening Standard theater awards?  Kind of sad, but can see the tabloid type stuff latching onto them now...

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 2, 2014 8:40 am  #7

Only if we want to believe every bit of gossip the tabloids invent when the want more clics on their site....

December 2, 2014 9:27 am  #8

Russell wrote:

Aww… very happy for them, but, honestly, a little dubious of it. Not to be a downer or anything. Just seems like it screams typical tabloid site click-bait, claiming an 'anonymous source' 'close to the couple', when considering how private they are (and how, from interview comments, it seems his friends watch out for him), would someone close to them really do that? Maybe accident… but even saw a pic of Sophie holding a wine glass at the recent The Evening Standard theater awards? Kind of sad, but can see the tabloid type stuff latching onto them now...

You are probably right. Sophie would not drink alcohol if she was sure that she is pregnant.

Tabloids obviously decided that an April fool isn´t enough and made some Advent fool (of me).

December 2, 2014 9:35 am  #9

I remain very sceptical, too. We know little to nothing about the two of them and it's their choice to decide what is shareable. They had their reasons not to go public with their relation and it is not up to us to decide if it was rushed or they have been dating for much longer than we know and it's very thoroughly thought through. (though one does not exclude the other). It's the same with starting a family. They know best when it is the right time or if they let themselves surprise it happens with the first try, it is just not our business. They will let us know as soon as they are ready to share. In the meantime I can lean back quite relaxed.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

Board footera