BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 30, 2014 6:23 pm  #261

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2014

Submitted! *self-five*

I'm so looking forward to the first story tomorrow! Have a nice evening, you all!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

December 1, 2014 10:07 am  #262

And there it is, our first fic. Quite long, that's why I've not finished reading yet.

Lost and Found

But so far I love it. There is lots of hurt and comfort, one of my favourite things in fanfics. I can't wait finishing it after school. :-)

Last edited by Schmiezi (December 1, 2014 7:43 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 1, 2014 10:21 am  #263

Lost and Found

Dear unknown author, what a beautiful fic with which to kick our Secret Santa off! It's quite beautifully written, and I especially loved how you portrayed John and his feelings and what he went through after Sherlock's 'death'. 
And yes, it might be a bit shallow, but for some unknown reason (*uhum*) this little section just made me smile like an idiot:

He went to the loo first; to his surprise, Sherlock had put on what appeared like brandnew thermal underwear when he came back and was about to slip into a pair of jeans. John had rarely seen him wearing any; to be fair, on Sherlock even jeans looked tailor-made. He didn't notice John's stare, and the doctor shook himself out of it with an effort: it were those ridiculously mundane (though in this particular case, extraordinary) moments which sometimes had him stop and marvel at the fact that he hadn't just dreamed everything which had happened in the past few months. They had always been close, but now the term [i]intimate[/i] applied. Very subtly, their boundaries had changed, and something about that made John tremendously proud.

Great job! 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 1, 2014 11:15 am  #264

LOST AND FOUND

Aww... that was sweet. I'm not a Johnlocker, at least not in the fluffy sense, but this walked the fine line between being just about imaginable and being downright soppy really well. I think it wouldn't have worked for me if it had been set in Baker Street, so it was a very good idea to just take them and put them somewhere else entirely (and Sherlock tricking John into it, so IC!).  I liked the little bits of humour - like Sherlock enjoying a ride in an SUV at times, and the hilarious mental image of John in long johns! Well done, unknown author!

Schmiezi - if the majority is fine with having fics posted on the actual days of Christmas, too, may I at least file a humble request for the one that was written for me not being among those? I would really, really like to read it and comment straight away, it would be so rude otherwise. Do you think you could make that work?

Last edited by La Jolie (December 1, 2014 11:16 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t breathe. I’m trying to think.

December 1, 2014 11:48 am  #265

Lost and Found

Dear unknown author, what can I say?
I am so happy with "my" fic. That was what I wanted to read. Yes, it was really fluffy but it feels absolutely right for Christmas. I love the way how it is written. And hey, I am utterly keen on Scandinavia. So I can't imagine a better place for romantic holidays than a cosy hut in winterly Sweden (or Norway).
This fic was definitely to my taste.
"Thank you very good much." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 1, 2014 12:00 pm  #266

Lost and Found

What a lovely, warm story, and beautifully written too. Great way to start Secret  Santa 2014,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

December 1, 2014 12:04 pm  #267

Lost and Found

Oh, what a heartwarming story. I love how you mixed the Christmassy and romantic feelings with the more serious undertones of Sherlock's absence and John's memories of his father. A little touch of hurt and comfort is never wrong either. Definitely creating a lovely atmosphere on 1st of December. Bravo! 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 1, 2014 12:06 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 1, 2014 12:18 pm  #268

SusiGo wrote:

Lost and Found

I love how you mixed the Christmassy and romantic feelings with the more serious undertones of Sherlock's absence and John's memories of his father. 

Well said. I absolutely agree.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 1, 2014 4:00 pm  #269

Lost and Found

This gave me a nice, Christmassy feeling on this cold day, and I do envy them for all the snow! I love Sweden, and I really like the idea of John and Sherlock spending the holidays there.
A very nice start!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

December 1, 2014 5:02 pm  #270

Lost and Found

Thank you, unknown author, thank you, this felt like ski holiday on a hut with a chimney and warm chocolate with whipped cream. Best of winter feelings.
Kudos.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 1, 2014 8:47 pm  #271

Lost and Found

What a fluffy and sweet story! Ideal for a 1st of December  I liked the description of their relationship as well as the humour of the story but also the sad and serious parts. The description of the Swedish landscape was also very good, I had the scenery vividly in mind. Well done. Kudos!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 2, 2014 5:40 am  #272

Oh look at the other thread. A secret little Santa's helper has made us a present.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 2, 2014 6:06 am  #273

Shoe polish...? Right. (At least he didn't buy him socks...!)

Last edited by SolarSystem (December 2, 2014 6:08 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 2, 2014 6:07 am  #274

Lost and Found

Aww. That was heartwarming. I loved your imagery in regards to the settings and the lovely relationship you portrayed, Unknown. Bravo.

December 2, 2014 6:53 am  #275

Thanks Schmiezi. That brought a smile on my face (which is always welcome on a cold morning  ).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 2, 2014 7:54 am  #276

What a lovely and thoughful present, Sherlock. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 2, 2014 7:56 am  #277

Could I have the love and respect, pleasepleaseplease??

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 2, 2014 12:16 pm  #278

Lost and Found

Wow, what a beautiful story to start  with. Love the prose style and the dialogues look so realistic, it's easy to imagine that they might talk like that. Beautiful Christmassy setting. Wow, just wow. 

December 2, 2014 12:47 pm  #279

Lost and Found made me cry, I have to say. I'm a soppy old romantic at heart too. Ugh, it was beautiful. I want more of it, yesyesyes. (And maybe some romantic sex scenes too).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 2, 2014 1:13 pm  #280

Lost and found

Wonderful story. It´s prose flowed like a beautiful melody, with various parts (flashbacks, thoughts, memories, emtions, dialogues) blended together in such a harmonious manner that none of them stuck out awkwardly and that an enchanting mosaic of Sherlock´s and John´s life was built out of them in front of our eyes. The themes from the prompt were used very skillfully in the story and the Scandinavian setting was ingenious, because, well, Christmas and Scandinavia go well together (the home of Santa Claus and all.)

But what I really liked the most was the way in which a reference about Sherlock´s and John´s past trauma was built into the narrative. It was only used as a plot element but it didn´t take a center stage in the story, which was beautiful, because it hinted at the fact that we are looking only on a small part of Sherlock´s and John´s everyday existence and that a rich tapestry of their mutual life exists beyond this text. Very nice. The description of a relationship and the dialogues also added to a realistic, mature but heart-warming feel of this story. All in all, fantastic start for this years Secret Santa Fic Exchange.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera