BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 25, 2014 7:34 pm  #161

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

Well yes it was photoshopped and Sue said it was no joke...so I'm sticking to it until offered any other evidence!
I do think they will dress up in this gear in the show for some reason.

Last edited by besleybean (November 25, 2014 7:35 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 25, 2014 7:40 pm  #162

Then why did Amanda say it was NOT photoshopped and they really wore those clothes and that she was present while they took the pic? This is really confusing. But Mark's tweet was lovely and funny. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 25, 2014 7:44 pm  #163

Is the bowtie on Benedict a tie that has been tied up? Like Andrew Scott did??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 25, 2014 7:46 pm  #164

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Well I just see it as a more modern way of showing concept ideas... instead of sketches. 

The more I think about my 'Ghost of Christmas' past the more I like it... and didn't Moffat say something about Ghost??

It could be a sort of read out loud from John's blog and someones imagination... seeing them in the 'classic' gear... 

Mhhh, the more I think about it, the more I like your idea. Maybe this 'someone' could be Anderson? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

November 25, 2014 7:57 pm  #165

Possible...but I still think it will be a costume party or something...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 25, 2014 8:17 pm  #166

SolarSystem wrote:

Okay, so we'll get a Christmas Special-Sherlock-Doctor Who-Crossover in which Sherlock and John get picked up by the Doctor and then travel back in time in the TARDIS. Could it be anymore simple?

Ha… cute…  Although unlikely they'll ever mix their two shows, the picture does lend a neat 'nod' towards both Sherlock, and the 'going back in time' element.  And while I agree with those who think a party makes the most sense, not sure if anyone saw my comment… for simply a one-off, whether they're tying it to the current story canon or being a fun standalone special in a separate direction, with their period clothes and hair, wouldn't a 'nod' to their favorite source material and a historical Victorian case for the holidays with Holmes and Watson be neat?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 25, 2014 8:27 pm  #167

Yeah, it would be...but I can't see them doing it somehow.

November 25, 2014 8:35 pm  #168

The problem about this being real and perhaps the pair going to a party is Sherlock's hair. Much as I think it is a horrible cut and colour and does terrible things for Benedict (pauses to dodge bullets), it's very iconic. I just don't see 'our' Sherlock in his universe without his trademark mop unless he's extremely out of his own context (eg. Serbia).

So that would rule out a fantasy sequence, too, especially one by Anderson since one of his theories so prominently focused on the hair (you know, the ruffle before the Molly kiss).

I remained confused and convinced that we're being played.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

November 25, 2014 8:48 pm  #169

I wouldn't want to have a fantasy sequence (or a whole fantasy episode) and no crossover with Doctor Who, either (as much as I love Who... although not really Moffat's Who, but that doesn't belong here).
Since we don't get new episodes very often, I'd like this to be something real, something that somehow ties in with our BBC Sherlock. And let's face it, if this doesn't have anything to do with HLV or S3, we'll have to wait for that story to continue another year (probably).

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 25, 2014 8:49 pm  #170

I believe!

November 25, 2014 8:57 pm  #171

SolarSystem wrote:

And let's face it, if this doesn't have anything to do with HLV or S3, we'll have to wait for that story to continue another year (probably).

Yeah, I think that could be true. I think, the Mary/baby issue will not resolved in the special. Therefore a stand-alone episode could be true    .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

November 25, 2014 9:02 pm  #172

There was an American show in the '80s that I loved, MacGyver, that used head injuries to propel the main character back in time for some absolutely ridiculous, but so much fun, historical adventures. So that's another theory, one of the characters having a head injury-induced fantasy....

Mary

November 25, 2014 9:25 pm  #173

I remember. That weren't the best MacGyver episodes  .

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

November 25, 2014 9:35 pm  #174

Or it'll be an alternative reality with no explanation at all 

November 25, 2014 9:46 pm  #175

Maybe a story from our times, but with the flashbacks into Victorian era, where a parallel story would take place?
That would explain "Ghosts of the past" as well (maybe....)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 25, 2014 9:46 pm  #176

stoertebeker wrote:

I remember. That weren't the best MacGyver episodes .

But fun.

"John, I had the worst nightmare ever."
"Oh?"
"Your moustache was back. And it was bigger!"

Mary

November 25, 2014 9:48 pm  #177

maryagrawatson wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

I remember. That weren't the best MacGyver episodes .

But fun.

"John, I had the worst nightmare ever."
"Oh?"
"Your moustache was back. And it was bigger!"

Mary

ROFL 

I am already curious of all the fanfiction that will be created due to this photo  .

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

November 25, 2014 10:22 pm  #178

Still, I like their "new" Victorian outfits. 
Reminds me of old times - my beloved Jeremy Brett version:

Maybe Sherlock and John would attend the costume party where they would impersonate Jeremy Brett and David Burke/Edward Harwicke?
It would be first time in history when characters would impersonate the actors and not the other way around.... 

Last edited by nakahara (November 25, 2014 11:10 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 26, 2014 12:09 am  #179

nakahara wrote:

Maybe a story from our times, but with the flashbacks into Victorian era, where a parallel story would take place?

…Or of their ancestors? 

nakahara wrote:

Maybe Sherlock and John would attend the costume party where they would impersonate Jeremy Brett and David Burke/Edward Harwicke?
It would be first time in history when characters would impersonate the actors and not the other way around.... 

Seriously!  Loved it that the strong, immediate vibe was of their classic style.  But…. er, how meta would that be?  Characters impersonating actors, in the style of the famous characters they played, of the same name of those characters?  Head hurts! 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 26, 2014 2:49 am  #180

Russell wrote:

nakahara wrote:

…Or of their ancestors?

nakahara wrote:

Seriously! Loved it that the strong, immediate vibe was of their classic style. But…. er, how meta would that be? Characters impersonating actors, in the style of the famous characters they played, of the same name of those characters? Head hurts!

Sorry just wanted to point out this has been done...."Supernatural"  Season 6 the meta episode "The French Mistake" which had the actors playing the characters playing the actors playing the characters. Also since it has been reported that the Moriarty thing gets cleared up in the special and I don't think that could happen in an episode set in the past.

Board footera