BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 25, 2014 5:36 pm  #141

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

Beat me to posting that!  Had just checked her twitter again a second ago… basically went 'oh my god' in surprise, then delight, then sheer amusement, then more delight…..  am also ridiculously excited! 
They look amazing… with all the 'missing slices of life' they could have extended from the eps that you guys were speculating on, unless we're being punked (hee), I love the idea of a one-off 'historical' throwback special.  Literally going back to their roots and having the boys go 'classic' with maybe a christmassy Holmes and Watson case!  So that's why Ben wasn't bothering to grow his hair! 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 25, 2014 5:42 pm  #142

Swanpride wrote:

I think it is great that they put Benedict in something Sherlock actually would wear and not the "Country trip get-up"..

Considering what Sherlock was wearing at the beginning of HLV, that he wears ratty inside out tee-shirts around the flat, and that he owns at least one pair of jeans, I can imagine him wearing anything.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

November 25, 2014 5:43 pm  #143

But honestly...flamin' fan girls...did anybody see the bust up on Twitter with Amanda?
Somebody basically asking if she's gonna be killed off in the special!
Amanda gives a resounding 'No'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 25, 2014 5:44 pm  #144

maryagrawatson wrote:

Swanpride wrote:

I think it is great that they put Benedict in something Sherlock actually would wear and not the "Country trip get-up"..

Considering what Sherlock was wearing at the beginning of HLV, that he wears ratty inside out tee-shirts around the flat, and that he owns at least one pair of jeans, I can imagine him wearing anything.

Mary

It's a thrill to see Sherlock in non-Sherlock-y clothes as long as he still looks like Sherlock, just because he's so delectable... *sigh*

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

November 25, 2014 5:45 pm  #145

Okay, so we'll get a Christmas Special-Sherlock-Doctor Who-Crossover in which Sherlock and John get picked up by the Doctor and then travel back in time in the TARDIS. Could it be anymore simple?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 25, 2014 6:03 pm  #146

besleybean wrote:

But honestly...flamin' fan girls...did anybody see the bust up on Twitter with Amanda?
Somebody basically asking if she's gonna be killed off in the special!
Amanda gives a resounding 'No'.

Not exactly. The person expressed hope that her character would killed.

And I think Amanda said "not yet". 

Last edited by SusiGo (November 25, 2014 6:04 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 25, 2014 6:06 pm  #147

I can't see Amanda's tweets because they are protected. How are you all seeing them?

And I'm afraid SolarSystem might be right. I tried to give Dr. Who a shot because I'm such a sci-fi geek, but I never got into it.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

November 25, 2014 6:25 pm  #148

Fancy dress Victorian Christmas gala for charity seems the most likely scenario to me

I wonder if they are filming at Dickens World in Kent or within the Museum of London at the celebration of Sherlock exhibit.

However it goes, I'm game!

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

November 25, 2014 6:35 pm  #149

exciting news indeed! Though I tend to think that the photo is a bluff, why would they spoil that already? Then maybe they would think we might call it a bluff and it's a double bluff... or tipple bluff...

about the fans interfering with filming: that was bound to happen, and likely has already happened before. Not just because of setlock itself, but on top of that Benedict and Martin are gathering more and more Sherlock-independent fans, so how big would the chances be to have them walking around London like they did in the first season, even if the setlock people would stay home? I mean it’s still Kahn and Bilbo Baggins taking a leisurely stroll right there for the world to see… The only escape would be to close of streets and squares and then repopulating them with extras, but they are working on a TV-budget, so the opportunities to do that would be very limited.

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

November 25, 2014 6:41 pm  #150

I'm sure they'll manage just fine...they usually do,.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 25, 2014 6:54 pm  #151

Speaking of setlock: Sherlock fans have changed the way we make the show says Mark Gatiss.
It's a pity that the fans are constraining the scripts, but I suppose it can't be helped. And of course not writing long outdoor scenes is more fan-friendly than hiring security to muscle fans away.

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

November 25, 2014 7:03 pm  #152

Mmmhhhh, I seriously don't know what to think about the picture. An alternative scenario would explain Ben's still short hair but I very much hope it's a prank. To be honest I don't want a one-off special which is set during another time periode and, as much as I love Doctor Who, I don't want a crossover either.    I am really a bit baffled what to make of this stuff and sadly, I am more disappointed then excited at the moment.  Sorry for my lack of enthusiasm .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

November 25, 2014 7:05 pm  #153

I honestly think they will be at a fancy dress party or in a charity show or something...

November 25, 2014 7:12 pm  #154

besleybean wrote:

I'm sure they'll manage just fine...they usually do,.

I’m believe so too, but thank you for your reassuring words. I was just trying to point out that it seems a more or less natural development if Ben and Martin, the two blokes you hired for your 3-part BBC production, turn out to be Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman (and your 3-part BBC production turns out to be an international hit).

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

November 25, 2014 7:13 pm  #155

I am so confused... but it's a good confused!

I am really excited about the special now... OOOH!

My head is so full of scenarios... a Doctor Who cross over could be awesome! But yeah...

A dream maybe? or 'ghost of Christmas past'? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 25, 2014 7:19 pm  #156

I'm standing by my costume theory!

November 25, 2014 7:23 pm  #157

My theory is that the photo is just Moftiss and Co messing with the fans. That script was just the read-through script, how would they even have any stills of the boys in costume yet?

November 25, 2014 7:25 pm  #158

They haven't.
Sue posted it and said it reflected how they WOULD look...future tense.

Last edited by besleybean (November 25, 2014 7:26 pm)

November 25, 2014 7:28 pm  #159

So, is it Photoshopped? (A) That wouldn't surprise me in the least, and B) All the more reason to go with the "not really from the show" theory!)

November 25, 2014 7:31 pm  #160

Well I just see it as a more modern way of showing concept ideas... instead of sketches. 

The more I think about my 'Ghost of Christmas' past the more I like it... and didn't Moffat say something about Ghost??

It could be a sort of read out loud from John's blog and someones imagination... seeing them in the 'classic' gear... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera