BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 18, 2014 7:58 pm  #1

Hy everyone

I'm a twenty-something student, originally from Germany, but currently residing in the Netherlands. I like animals - provided they have four legs or less, though I will rescue the occasional mayfly from my drink and try to carry spiders outside without hurting them. I just recerntly discovered Sherlock in an attempt to distract me from my lingering Game of Thrones induced sadness (some might have guessed it - my favorite character died) and now I'm hooked. So I might have been geeking out a bit and stumbled across this forum (and a lot of fanfiction ) . Which brings me to where I am now.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I hope you'll be seeing a lot of me in the future

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

November 18, 2014 8:07 pm  #2

Re: Hy everyone

Herzlich Wilkommen, Lola.

You will surely find lots of consolation here, as well as distraction. There are some fanfic threads you have probably noticed already.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 18, 2014 8:09 pm  #3

Welcome on the forum
you're very brave to carry spiders outside, I can't go near them I'm trying to watch GOT for some time (I have the dvds!) but I didn't find the right time for it (shame on me)

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

November 18, 2014 8:24 pm  #4

Warm welcome from me as well 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 18, 2014 8:29 pm  #5

Titania wrote:

Welcome on the forum
you're very brave to carry spiders outside, I can't go near them I'm trying to watch GOT for some time (I have the dvds!) but I didn't find the right time for it (shame on me)

Me too. Had to stop after two seasons due to baby Schmiezi. But one day ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 18, 2014 9:21 pm  #6

wow, such a warm welcome, so quick. Thank you.

Schmiezi and Titania, if you get into GoT, make sure to not get attached to any character, no one ends up in the countyside keeping bees on that show

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

November 19, 2014 10:08 am  #7

Willkommen! He'll and welcome to the forum. Oh yes, GoT! Valar morghulis! My favourite character died too (at least is think he did). Beekeeping highly unlikely!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 19, 2014 10:38 am  #8

oh yes, all men must die. luckily my second favorite is not a man, I might get to see her live, though beekeeping is still unlikely.

btw, how did you guys manage to get through the 2 years after TRF? That was one mean cliffhanger! Though I love how creative people became in the aftermath, that must have been a very fun/frustrating time in the fandom.

November 19, 2014 3:52 pm  #9

The creativity is one of the most important reasons why I'm in this fandom. It's so different from being fan of most other shows. And TRF actually made me addicted (OMG that ending!). 

And if you follow Sherlock, there's at least one female character that you probably shouldn't get too attached to. 

November 19, 2014 4:03 pm  #10

too late, I love them all  
But I will do better this time in protecting my little heart from breaking.

November 22, 2014 6:42 pm  #11

Him. Welcome and have fun

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

Board footera