BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 27, 2014 1:43 pm  #41

Re: hOOray it's (adult) mOnday!

One more fic to celebrate this mOnday:

Lucid by doctorg
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8988314/1/Lucid

A fanfiction with a surprising, weid and funny plot twist right at the beginning that continues as a very beautiful Johnlock story.
Looks humongous with 32 chapters, but chapters are short and it reads very quickly.

You can find the good stuff in chapter 15, chapter 20 and chapter 32 - they are almost exclusively Johnlock scenes.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 27, 2014 5:15 pm  #42

nakahara wrote:

One more fic to celebrate this mOnday:

Lucid by doctorg
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8988314/1/Lucid

A fanfiction with a surprising, weid and funny plot twist right at the beginning that continues as a very beautiful Johnlock story.
Looks humongous with 32 chapters, but chapters are short and it reads very quickly.

You can find the good stuff in chapter 15, chapter 20 and chapter 32 - they are almost exclusively Johnlock scenes.

I think I read it some time ago. A good reason to read it again! :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 3, 2014 7:59 am  #43

It´s mOnday once again and a time to greet the new week with a nice hot Johnlock scene.

This time I decided to recommend this humorous little story. The premise is crazy but I love the resolution of the plot very much:

Pussycat Pussycat, or, How Your Sherlock Learns by sewenswells
http://archiveofourown.org/works/325848?view_adult=true

The Johnlock scene starts with the words "He started preparing apologies in his head" and ends with the words "never letting him go".

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 3, 2014 1:47 pm  #44

Sherlock as a cat, the idea definitely has some charm. As has the – ahem - resolution. 

My contribution for today is:

"As long as it takes" by Plain Jane
http://archiveofourown.org/works/442171?view_full_work=true

There are quite a lot of nice things in there but for the "o" of the week I recommend from 

"John felt the breath" to "in his arms". 

Last edited by SusiGo (November 3, 2014 1:48 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 4, 2014 7:29 am  #45

Very sweet story.
Thank you, Susi!

November 5, 2014 6:33 pm  #46

Nakahara: Very playful! So John will still have to try something new? Stupid Sherlock! 

Susi: So passionate. And kind of virgin(!)John 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 5, 2014 9:10 pm  #47

Harriet wrote:

So John will still have to try something new? Stupid Sherlock!

Stupid? Cunning, I´d say. 

November 6, 2014 2:49 pm  #48

let's see how this continues, then 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 6, 2014 3:14 pm  #49

SusiGo wrote:

Sherlock as a cat, the idea definitely has some charm. As has the – ahem - resolution. 

My contribution for today is:

"As long as it takes" by Plain Jane
http://archiveofourown.org/works/442171?view_full_work=true

There are quite a lot of nice things in there but for the "o" of the week I recommend from 

"John felt the breath" to "in his arms". 

Have you read the sequels Susi?  I just recently read them all and they are worth the effort.  Angst and Fluf and Smut etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 6, 2014 3:41 pm  #50

Brilliant, will have to look them up asap. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 16, 2014 6:29 pm  #51

Ha, this time I'm prepared. It's still Sunday, but I already know what fic to quote tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 16, 2014 6:30 pm  #52

Looking forward to it. 

November 16, 2014 9:24 pm  #53

Great plan! 

November 17, 2014 5:32 am  #54

Hitting the Water at Sixty Miles an Hour[/url] (30568 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/what_alchemy]what_alchemy

Chapter 4

John: "He wanted to tell ... and gentle mouth."

Sherlock: "Sherlock's eyes rolled back ... chest and face."

(Both passages are very short, but then they have been waiting for it for years, right? )

November 17, 2014 7:56 am  #55

Hot in here, isn't it?  What a nice way to start the week. 

November 17, 2014 8:56 am  #56

Oh. My.

Wonderful choices, Schmiezi! 

November 17, 2014 1:17 pm  #57

*turns desk fan up on high*

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 17, 2014 5:11 pm  #58

Oh. My.

(Just for the record....)

November 17, 2014 9:15 pm  #59

Still Monday, isn´t it?

Skeleton Key by BeautifulFiction
http://archiveofourown.org/works/540877?view_full_work=true

Chapter 5

It begins with words "Cold hands infiltrated John´s jacket" and ends with "and both breathless still".

November 18, 2014 12:53 am  #60

Hot damn

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera