BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 11, 2012 3:31 pm  #1

"Sherlock Holmes Knew Wilma Neruda" article

I'm always surprised by what sherlockians observe while I'm the eternal Watson's female version.
Well, this article is interesting in a funny way, and reminded me "A Samba for Sherlock" which is about a Stradivarius.

http://www.sherlockpeoria.net/Who_is_Sherlock/NormanNeruda/NormanNeruda.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.” HP and the Deathly Hallows

"Why's it always the hat photograph?"The Reichenbach Fall

November 11, 2012 9:25 pm  #2

Re: "Sherlock Holmes Knew Wilma Neruda" article

This is cute - but what this 'article' doesn't mention is that in 'A Study in Scarlet', Holmes says, "Her attack and her bowing are splendid.  What's that little thing of Chopin's she plays so magnificently: Tra-la-la-lira-lira-lay". 

The problem is, Frederic Chopin wrote never wrote anything for solo violin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 5, 2012 9:28 pm  #3

I guess she must have adapted it for violin. Just because something wasn't written for violin, doesn't mean you can't play it ON a violin. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 14, 2014 11:55 am  #4

I think I agree

Board footera