BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 13, 2014 5:39 pm  #1

Another one from Germany

Hello!

Why didn't I look for a board like this months before? So glad I finally found this one! I hope my English is good enough to join you, but I hope so.

I discovered Sherlock early this year and immediately fell in love with the whole thing - and of course Benedict Cumberbatch. Thanks to the BBC I started reading the original stories of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Now I find it even more impressing what a good job the BBC made. The transportation of Sherlock and Watson into 21st century is really amazing.

What more can I tell you? I'm german, 44 years old, live with 2 cats and work as a secretary. I love music (nearly every kind, my favourite band still Duran Duran), reading and movies.
And I love writing - mostly fantasy, science fiction and fanfiction. At the moment it's only Sherlock fanfiction, I don't know why...

This is the first english board I'm in, so this is still new to me. If there's anything you like to know - just ask me!

"It's this - or Cluedo."
"No! We are never playing that again!"
"Why not?"
"Because it is not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock! That's why."
"It was the only possible solution!"
"It's not in the rules."
"Then the rules are wrong!"

November 13, 2014 5:56 pm  #2

Re: Another one from Germany

Welcome on the forum I hope you will have a good time here !

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

November 13, 2014 6:14 pm  #3

Hello and welcome! 

November 13, 2014 9:25 pm  #4

Glad you could join us.  The German fans are awesome! 
And when can we read some of your fan fics?  Are any in English? We have a thread for Forum member fan fics where you can post links to your creations.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 13, 2014 9:38 pm  #5

Warm welcome from me as well, many germans here aboard! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 14, 2014 5:46 am  #6

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you will fit in here perfectly.

What kind of fanfic are you writing?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 14, 2014 8:15 am  #7

Warm welcome from me as well. Your skills are fine, don't you worry about that. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

November 14, 2014 9:05 am  #8

Welcome, Miss Sherlock Watson (so they married after all ). You have found the right place. Have fun! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 14, 2014 12:47 pm  #9

Hello and welcome to the forum. Please send a link to your fanfic!

“Four serial suicides and now a note! It’s Christmas!” -Sherlock

November 14, 2014 2:39 pm  #10

Willkommen! Hello and welcome to the forum. I like cats too. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 14, 2014 6:27 pm  #11

Herzlich willkommen here on board;)

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

November 15, 2014 6:39 am  #12

Thank you all so much for this warm welcome! I'm looking forward for my time here, I'm sure I will enjoy it! 

As I'm so new here I have to give you the link to my fanfiction in an extra post...

"It's this - or Cluedo."
"Why not?"
"Because it is not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock! That's why."
"It's not in the rules."

November 15, 2014 6:40 am  #13

Now for your questions about my fanfiction:

I started writing fanfiction when I was actually very young and it was all about Duran duran. I did this for nearly 30 years now. But lately I ran out of ideas. That’s when Sherlock came into my life and gave me soooo many new  ideas... so I’m very thankful for that.  

If you like to read something (though still not much, because I’m still working on most of the strories) you can find me on a german board: http://www.fanfiktion.de/u/Samara+Lilly 

I must admit I ship Johnlock, but I also like some of the Mystrade stuff. Tried only one so far... I didn’t translate anything so far, but I can if you like.

So see you very soon and thanks again!

Last edited by Miss Sherlock Watson (November 15, 2014 6:42 am)

"It's this - or Cluedo."
"Why not?"
"It's not in the rules."

November 17, 2014 8:58 am  #14

A belated welcome and hello from another German Sherlock and Benedict fan! It's remarkable how many German fans are on this board.

November 17, 2014 9:26 am  #15

Thank you, too! 
Yes, I realised how many German fans are here... Good to know! And I thought I was a little crazy because I love this series so much...  

"It's this - or Cluedo."
"Why not?"
"It's not in the rules."

November 17, 2014 11:47 am  #16

Crazy is good! Ordinary is BORING!

Board footera