BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 5, 2014 12:04 pm  #21

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

SusiGo wrote:

Someone suggested on tumblr that Benedict will not be in the special, hence his short hair and all that. Now that would really be devastating but not the way they planned. 

A Sherlock special without (grown-up!) Sherlock is something this Sherlock-fan here won´t watch.. because somehow Sherlock is a requirement for this whole Sherlock-experience.. if you know what I mean? 

I set my hopes in a really convincing wig.. 

November 5, 2014 1:26 pm  #22

SusiGo wrote:

Someone suggested on tumblr that Benedict will not be in the special, hence his short hair and all that. Now that would really be devastating but not the way they planned. 

Well. Let me put it this way: "Sherlock" without Sherlock won't be good for my health. Not good at all.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 5, 2014 1:33 pm  #23

I can't imagine that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 5, 2014 1:55 pm  #24

Me neither. Let's face it, it's already risky enough to have such huge gaps between seasons. A special without Sherlock could well break the neck of the whole show.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

November 5, 2014 6:26 pm  #25

How about Sherlock with short hair?  Maybe he's undercover?  Maybe he's wearing the hat?  Maybe he thought it was too girly?

I love the hair but would rather have a shorn Sherlock than no Sherlock (I'm sure we all would!).

November 5, 2014 7:18 pm  #26

A Sherlock without Sherlock is like a Toblerone without the chocolate....bit not good!!!!

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

November 5, 2014 7:21 pm  #27

Maybe it takes place in the past when Sherlock's hair was shorter. Maybe it takes place in the future and Benedict wears a wig with grey hair.

The possibilities are endless.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 5, 2014 8:58 pm  #28

I suppose they'll use a wig or maybe doing some hair extension. This is modern filmmaking, the makeup artists are professionals after all, so it will look like his own hair. Look at Martin in the Hobbit movies.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

November 5, 2014 9:05 pm  #29

I think so, too. The curls are iconic!
(Although thinking of the beginning of TEH in Mycroft´s office.. Sherlock with Khan-hair isn´t too bad either.. ^^)

Last edited by Zatoichi (November 5, 2014 9:06 pm)

November 5, 2014 9:14 pm  #30

I prefer the Khan hair!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 5, 2014 9:20 pm  #31

When exactly are they filming?
In a month his hair can be much longer...

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 5, 2014 9:21 pm  #32

Zatoichi wrote:

I think so, too. The curls are iconic!
(Although thinking of the beginning of TEH in Mycroft´s office.. Sherlock with Khan-hair isn´t too bad either.. ^^)

Oh God, yes!

November 5, 2014 9:24 pm  #33

They start filming in January.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 5, 2014 9:34 pm  #34

Lots of time then.
I will kidnap his hairdresser and break all of her scissors in between and all will be well. 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 10, 2014 12:17 pm  #35

Well, hair grows about 1cm per month, so there's a chance he could have Sherlock hair in January again. Maybe slightly shorter Sherlock hair, but still...

I believe in Jim Moriarty

November 10, 2014 12:47 pm  #36

Well, that would be two centimetres until January. His hair would still be ridiculously short. 

November 10, 2014 1:13 pm  #37

It depends how long Benedict's hair takes to grow, and I suppose he must know his own hair.

I'm hoping to have Sherlock hair by January too, tbh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 11, 2014 8:35 am  #38

Some new tweets:

November 11, 2014 12:01 pm  #39

November 11, 2014 12:30 pm  #40

Sounds very exciting. Irish connection. Bombs (we had them before but it could be a new take). There is of course the story with Gloria Scott which also introduces Victor Trevor, Sherlock's only other friend (we know of). 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera