BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 17, 2012 12:12 am  #1

House

I've never actually seen it, but I read somewhere that House was supposed to be like a medical Sherlock Holmes and that he has an assistant whose name is similar to John Watson...anyone know anything about that? Is that true?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 17, 2012 12:16 am  #2

Re: House

All true and it is a totally brilliant show.
Hugh Laurie plays Dr House and if you want to see 'dysfunctional human being' his character is a perfect example.

And yet he is so adorable, much like our Sherlock.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 17, 2012 12:21 am  #3

Hmmm, sounds like something to keep me occupied till Series 3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 17, 2012 12:23 am  #4

Oh yes, well worth watching & as well as each episode being a story in itself, there is of course a separate storyline running behind all the shows.
Hugh Laurie, being an English actor carries off such a good American accent effortlessly.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 17, 2012 12:35 am  #5

Here's a regular Hugh Laurie

A "House" Hugh Lauire

For those who think "I've seen him before" an earlier Hugh with some young guy who may be a good actor someday:

and my introduction to the wonders of Mr Hugh Laurie

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 19, 2012 8:55 am  #6

The final show airs on Tuesday.
I think I'm gonna cry.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 19, 2012 9:54 am  #7

How many series of it are there?

May 19, 2012 10:25 am  #8

Eight seasons; averages at about 22 shows per season.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 19, 2012 12:50 pm  #9

I'm looking forward to the finale Kazza.

Being House it could go anywhere.

Are you up to date with season 8's episodes so far?

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 19, 2012 1:45 pm  #10

Yep completely up to date.
At one stage I thought he may 'go' with Wilson. By the sounds of the storyline for the finale that may still be on the cards.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 19, 2012 2:01 pm  #11

My thoughts exactly Kazza.

To anyone interested in House but not up to the penultimate episode yet look away as there are no spoiler tags on this forum.

When House blew up at Taub I was impressed. House has raised his voice a few times but Hugh really raised the bar on that one. I'm not sure how they got fingerprints from ripped tickets stuffed in a drain or why the plumbing at Princeton lets one blocked toilet destroy the MRI of DOOOM but for allowing the story to pan out I'll let it slip. I'm also sure a good lawyer could stall House's probation hearing for a year or so, but for immediacy I'll also let it slip.

All in all I really enjoyed the exploration of House and Wilson's relationship - very touching. The car scene was spectacular.

I can't believe House tried the ol' actors for Wilson's benefit trick again but the drugged coffee was good.

It's a two hour special for the finale. I'm not sure they'll manage to shoehorn Stephen Fry in but I'm sure it will be unmissable TV.

If you feel like it please share your thoughts about that episode and perhaps we can try to guess the outcome for the last, ever House.

Ok you can read again folks.

-m0r

May 19, 2012 2:41 pm  #12

What is interesting is that the pilot show for House was titled " Everybody Lies".
This finale is titled " Everybody Dies".

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 19, 2012 2:58 pm  #13

Ok last one isn't gonna be nice, so here's the address:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ1_Bbszwrw&feature=relmfu

Last edited by kazza474 (May 19, 2012 3:30 pm)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 19, 2012 3:00 pm  #14

Very interesting once you get past the odd presenters lol.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 19, 2012 3:19 pm  #15

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/342498/20120518/house-series-finale-david-shore-hugh-laurie.htm

David Shore, the creator of Fox medical drama "House M.D." has spoken vaguely about how the series is going to end. From what he has shared with The Globe and Mail, the series finale will be quite heavy, but "bittersweet."

"We never do happy endings, but we also try not to do miserable endings. Bittersweet is the most you can hope for," Shore told Andrew Ryan in an interview.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00050579.html

Described as an emotional series finale, "Everybody Dies" is preceded by an hour-long retrospective at 8/7c on Monday, May 21. After treating a drug addict patient (guest star James Legros), House begins examining his life, his future and his own personal demons.

So we see the return of Cameron, Masters & Kutner. Kutner's appearance should be interesting seeing as he committed suicide some time ago.

http://www.thespec.com/whatson/artsentertainment/article/727272--closing-the-door-on-house

Sure, the medical mysteries that formed the core of most episodes inevitably grew a bit formulaic as the seasons piled up. (Didn’t each week’s patient always seem to start bleeding from a different orifice, bafflingly and life-threateningly, right on cue before each commercial break?)

Monday’s finale, says Laurie, brings House to the edge of a precipice eight seasons in the making: “Is he going to step forward or step back? Is it life or is it death? I can say no more than that,† says the actor who made flesh-and-blood one of the most compelling characters in television history.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 19, 2012 3:28 pm  #16

Ok, so my thoughts?
***MAJOR SPOILER WARNING***

From what I see & read, it seems likely that there will be several deaths to deal with. I agree with the thought of 13 finally dying, it would be another thing to push House to the brink.
Wilson dying? Perhaps, I somehow feel he may beat the cancer somehow, albeit too late for it to matter to House.
House dying? Well it appears he'll at least have a near death experience (meeting Kutner) His impending return to jail could be all too much for him, knowing that Wilson will not have him by his side as his time becomes shorter.
Looking at the trailers & sneak peeks I'd say the blonde woman is shot, House is gravely injured; possibly at the hands of some nutjob? Seeing Wilson & Foreman outside seemingly looking up at a building it seems perhaps that there could be a hostage situation going on (?) & that House has stepped forward as some kind of hero? This COULD be a way of gaining a release from his sentence, who knows?

Of course I could be right off the mark, lol. These are my immediate thoughts & it is way after midnight here. I'll sleep on it & share more tomorrow.

Last edited by kazza474 (May 22, 2012 9:54 am)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 19, 2012 4:19 pm  #17

Thanks for posting these links.   Looking forward to the finale.

I am really going to miss House. 

May 19, 2012 8:11 pm  #18

I will miss House too. Hugh Laurie is such a wonderful actor. I've loved him since Blackadder. House is a ground breaking drama, one of the rare and few.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 20, 2012 5:37 am  #19

I get to see Hugh proper on the 9th of June here at Luna Park doing his Louisiana blues stuff - so heckling is an option if this ends shite.

I've no idea as to how it will end but am looking forward to it as much as I am as seeing him reconciled with Stephen Fry on TV - merging the two would be nerdgasim - but I highly doubt it's going to happen!

Here's hoping we get the send off that keeps us happy and keeps House sane - whatever that may be!

-m0r

May 20, 2012 6:16 am  #20

LOL @ heckling! Don't you dare .. hehehe
I also have a funny suspicion that Chase will be starting a new career elsewhere & by the way it sounds there could be a possible spin off show in the works.
Now I am not very enthralled by spin off shows, but who knows it may be ok.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

Board footera