BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 10, 2012 10:01 am  #1

Series 3 news summary

This website has a summary and it is updated as more details are revealed.
(Contains spoilers!)

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/features/guides/3863-sherlock-series-3-news-summary

June 10, 2012 10:17 am  #2

Re: Series 3 news summary

Ooh, I wander what the climax of series 3 will be...!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 10, 2012 10:30 am  #3

Some ridiculous cliffhanger no doubt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 10, 2012 10:38 am  #4

And then we can all go back to more theories and suspicions!
Talk about watching us dance...

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

June 10, 2012 11:35 am  #5

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Some ridiculous cliffhanger no doubt.

It's Moffat, we all know there will be a cliffhanger the size of Asia and then about two years of painful waiting...

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 10, 2012 1:21 pm  #6

That just about sums it up nicely 

June 10, 2012 1:37 pm  #7

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcGMlP60NJA

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 10, 2012 1:42 pm  #8

Well... That's, that's definitely a new experience for me!!!

OMG Davina just 60 posts till you're a HFS!

June 17, 2012 4:47 am  #9

‘Sherlock’ spoilers: Mark Gatiss confirms story of series 3 opener

http://www.hypable.com/2012/05/28/sherlock-mark-gatiss-confirms-story-of-series-3-opener/

Sherlock series 3 update from Den of Geek

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/21405/sherlock-series-3-update

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 17, 2012 5:22 pm  #10

kazza474 wrote:

‘Sherlock’ spoilers: Mark Gatiss confirms story of series 3 opener

http://www.hypable.com/2012/05/28/sherlock-mark-gatiss-confirms-story-of-series-3-opener/

Sherlock series 3 update from Den of Geek

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/21405/sherlock-series-3-update

Oh, not really? Please don't let me accidentally look at it!

June 18, 2012 8:25 pm  #11

I NEED MORE NEWWWS!

Erm, yeah, sorry. I'm desperate for these little pieces of information they throw at us now and then!

Oh God, yes. There is gonna be a third season and it's going to be beautiful and awesome but it will be over so very, very quickly again and then we will have to wait again.
But I hope we will all still be here, complaining about the cliffhanger together..

Still, wonder what's it going to be next season. (Probably something ridiciously painful like... shooting John and not showing if he survives or not.)

June 18, 2012 8:56 pm  #12

Sammy wrote:

But I hope we will all still be here, complaining about the cliffhanger together.. .

That's the only thing I am sure of 

Sammy wrote:

Still, wonder what's it going to be next season. (Probably something ridiciously painful like... shooting John and not showing if he survives or not.)

I think that would not be a real cliffhanger... we all know there's no Holmes without Watson. I mean, it would be a bit obvious that John would survive. I can't conceive a fourth series without John.
Anyway, I don't have a clue about what kind of cliffhanger it could be. Something regarding Molly, perhaps?

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 19, 2012 2:22 am  #13

I think that John getting shot, a la "The Three Garridebs" would be an awesome ending for Season 3.  We will, of course, know that he will survive, but the angst of seeing Sherlock suffer will be plenty of emotion for a suitable cliff-hanger.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was worth a wound–it was worth many wounds–to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask. The clear, hard eyes were dimmed for a moment, and the firm lips were shaking. For the one and only time I caught a glimpse of a great heart as well as of a great brain. All my years of humble but single-minded service culminated in that moment of revelation.

July 17, 2012 9:28 pm  #14

Not many hints or much in the way of news recently.

Martin Freeman, in answer to a question, commented that he would expect filming of series 3 to last until April.

July 17, 2012 11:10 pm  #15

JaneCo wrote:

Not many hints or much in the way of news recently.

Martin Freeman, in answer to a question, commented that he would expect filming of series 3 to last until April.

If I can get all the stars to line up correctly I'm hoping to be able to wrangle a trip to London next March. It would be so cool if they were actually filming outdoors somewhere in the area.  I would so be there!  Who cares about seeing the Crown Jewels when you might catch a glimpse of two of Britain's crown jewels of acting!

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 18, 2012 5:01 am  #16

KeepersPrice wrote:

Who cares about seeing the Crown Jewels when you might catch a glimpse of two of Britain's crown jewels of acting!

And there's nothing wrong with having a cuppa at Speedy's instead of at the Palace - ask Mycroft!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 18, 2012 6:20 am  #17

tobeornot221b wrote:

KeepersPrice wrote:

Who cares about seeing the Crown Jewels when you might catch a glimpse of two of Britain's crown jewels of acting!

And there's nothing wrong with having a cuppa at Speedy's instead of at the Palace - ask Mycroft!

Yes, that's if you can manage to get in... 
The day I went to Speedy's it was impossible. There was a long queue

July 18, 2012 5:34 pm  #18

KeepersPrice

I believe a lot of it (not only the interiors) are filmed in South Wales. I have a feeling that only the parts they need to be recognisably London eg the landmarks and the exterior of 221B are actually filmed there. But as a good old fashioned villain once remarked "Good luck with that" 

Cardiff and Swansea have been mentioned as locations. Hope you get your wish

Board footera