BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 22, 2014 10:10 pm  #61

Re: Amanda and Simon Pegg Twitter Conversation about Benedict

Call me cynical....but w/e it was seems to have done the trick and grabbed her some self promoting attention....

Last edited by lil (October 22, 2014 10:11 pm)

October 22, 2014 11:21 pm  #62

SolarSystem wrote:

mrshouse, I know exactly what you mean and I completely agree. Feel free to be a pain in the ass as often as necessary.

Can I be a pain in the as too!!  That sounds fun!  

Last edited by tonnaree (October 22, 2014 11:22 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 23, 2014 7:36 am  #63

lil wrote:

Call me cynical....but w/e it was seems to have done the trick and grabbed her some self promoting attention....

Naughty lil...

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

October 23, 2014 3:40 pm  #64

I honestly don't think she did it for that purpose.
She was just replying to Simon's genuine tweet in an amusing way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 23, 2014 4:42 pm  #65

It does sound like, particularly as her Twitter account isn't public. 

I don't think it's likely to be an issue for her children either.   They're hardly going to be shocked if they discover that their mum made some saucy Star Trek jokes!  I think that young children wouldn't understand them, and older children would find them funny. 

October 29, 2014 6:31 am  #66

Well... I'm German, and it made me grin. What does that say about me?  I personally don't see any harm in it, it was just a playful exchange of sexually themed puns. Seeing how Benedict knows both Amanda and Simon in person, I find it hard to believe this would offend him, but obviously I can't speak for him.

October 29, 2014 6:56 am  #67

But I think you are right.
On a related note:
I gather on Twitter last night, there was another stooshie(I do like this Scots word)over apparently rude comments made my Amanda and Louise.
But I missed that one, anybody know anything about it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 29, 2014 9:46 am  #68

mrshouse wrote:

BB, I'm so sorry for being a pain at this, but where. is.the.difference?? She complained about the Johnlock fan art in respect to her children and I thought then " ok, I'm a mother myself, you might have a point there."
Buuut
Considering the choice of words or the level of sexual harassment if you wish to call it like that is by no means less or better. I wouldn't want my children to google their mother and find posts like that as little as the explicit fan art using Martins face. But in this case she takes it for a good laugh.

But Amanda's main problem with the fan art was that it involved Martin and Ben's faces, ie. her partner and the father of her children. So, if her children found them, they would see drawings of their dad in all kind of sexual positions with another guy. Which might certainly upset them. These are just a few jokes in written text, which most kids wouldn't even understand anyway. I don't see any double standard here at all, sorry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 29, 2014 9:56 am  #69

besleybean wrote:

But I think you are right.
On a related note:
I gather on Twitter last night, there was another stooshie(I do like this Scots word)over apparently rude comments made my Amanda and Louise.
But I missed that one, anybody know anything about it?

I'm not sure? I checked both Amanda and Louise's Twitters. Amanda was arguing with a troll for a while but apart from that there was nothing of note.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 10, 2014 1:23 pm  #70

ROUND TWO:
This cracked me up so much, omg....

https://twitter.com/CHIMPSINSOCKS/status/531795676053917696

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (November 10, 2014 1:23 pm)

November 10, 2014 5:25 pm  #71

Ooh.

November 10, 2014 5:46 pm  #72

That's hysterical! 

November 10, 2014 5:52 pm  #73

Matches the kind of jokes my adolescent pupils usually make...

Last edited by Schmiezi (November 10, 2014 5:53 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 10, 2014 5:52 pm  #74

It's just brilliant, I love them both!

November 10, 2014 6:01 pm  #75

That's funny?
And please don't tell me anything about native speakers and things like that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 10, 2014 6:07 pm  #76

Well not so much linguistic as cultural.
It's British humour...

Last edited by besleybean (November 10, 2014 6:07 pm)

November 10, 2014 6:09 pm  #77

If you say so.

I'd still prefer watching Life Of Brian to reading those tweets.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 10, 2014 6:11 pm  #78

Well they're different things.
This is just close pals having fun.

Last edited by besleybean (November 10, 2014 6:11 pm)

November 10, 2014 6:19 pm  #79

That's British humour?
Didn't know that it is that crude ... all the time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 10, 2014 6:22 pm  #80

Crude and immature is about right .  Very funny, though. 

Board footera