BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 5, 2014 11:22 am  #1

Benedict engaged!

There is news breaking on the web that Ben and Sophie Hunter are engaged.  This has been the most low-key romance ever.  They never appeared on the red carpet together,no vacation photos of the two of them, nothing.  I don't know how they did it.  I am impressed with Benedict. She is not a model or a great beauty.  Just a woman of substance.  I am happy for him.

November 5, 2014 11:29 am  #2

Re: Benedict engaged!

Oh, she is beautiful alright - but in a stylish, dignified, subdued way not in a way of some bimbo laden with cosmetics from head to toe.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 5, 2014 12:13 pm  #3

She seems perfect for him
I'm thrilled for them, and glad he has been able to keep this fairly private.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

November 5, 2014 1:41 pm  #4

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 5, 2014 2:09 pm  #5

Here is the first thread for the engagement

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=5835

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 6, 2014 4:57 pm  #6

Sophie is a natural beauty not your typical Hollywood plastic fantastic.

I'm over the moon for Ben & Sophie.  The only thing that saddened me yesterday was seeing people post on Facebook etc that they were going to stop watching his movies or they were dissapointed in him.

Just because the man is famous doesn' mean his fans need to know every detail of his life 

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

November 6, 2014 5:01 pm  #7

Here is the first thread for the engagement 

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=5835

Thanks, Ivy 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera