BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 2, 2014 8:27 pm  #1

Mind-games or reality?

I was reading a post about the deleted scene with CAM and came up with the idea...Is there any possibility,most of the things we watched in HLV to be in Sherlock's mind-palace?Maybe he didn't killed CAM.Maybe Moriarty is dead and he was thinking of his comeback.Maybe nothing happened in HLV!!!This could explain lots of things.What's your opinion?

Credits (for the crazy idea) to the guys in the conversation in the post,I'm talking above. ;-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm on fire!!!

November 2, 2014 8:32 pm  #2

Re: Mind-games or reality?

Interesting idea. Honestly, I would prefer some things not to have happened including the whole Baker Street scene after Leinster Gardens but I think it might be too much of a cliché or copping out on the side of the writers. 

Btw, I remember that shortly after series 3 had aired and some people were quite upset about the perceived changes in Sherlock's character etc., some said that the whole of series 3 might be a dream/vision/hallucination whatever. But I really do not believe that they are going that way. Would be a different show IMO. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 2, 2014 8:39 pm  #3

Only a few words:

Dallas - Bobby in the shower scene. Enough said. 

Not a good way of dealing with the continuation of any TV series, if you ask me.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 2, 2014 8:45 pm  #4

This is actually the theory of the assistant doctor in our doctor's office. He is completely convinced that all what happened after Sherlock had been shot is only happening in Sherlock's mind. 

November 2, 2014 10:03 pm  #5

I think that everything is possible except for Sherlock just killing CAM because there's no other way!!! :-)

Can you also imagine Sherlock being in coma and John solving crimes and mysteries with Mycroft?And then John collides with Moran!!! :-p

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm on fire!!!

November 2, 2014 10:25 pm  #6

Hihi, funny, the idea that most of the things in HLV didn't really happened was one of the first thoughts I had after watching the episode a second time. Because I found the structure of the episode (after Sherlock being shot) odd and the christmas-at-the-Holmes scene very surreal.

Well, I do not think it's true, that would be a very odd thing to write, even for Moftiss, but I think there is much more behind the events that we know by now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

November 3, 2014 9:16 am  #7

My first thought when I saw the "did you miss me"-video was, it´s Mycroft´s work. He knows his brother very well and was more involved in the affair Magnussen as the audience learned, so he prevented  generating this video. I think Mycroftc calculated, that Sherlock would do something extreme that brings him into prison or forces him to leave the country and for that case he doe´s this video. Plus Mycroft has the possibility to do such a video and spread it out the way it was done and the video popped up to exactly the right time, didn´it?

Bitte nicht so drängeln, wir sind hier bei der Arbeit und nicht auf der Flucht!
Please don´t push, we are at work and not on the run.

November 3, 2014 11:15 am  #8

nakahara wrote:

Only a few words:

Dallas - Bobby in the shower scene. Enough said. 

Not a good way of dealing with the continuation of any TV series, if you ask me.

This is what comes to my mind each time we talk about "just a dream" etc.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera