BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 30, 2014 9:08 pm  #401

Re: The "Good News" thread

I won a cruise!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 30, 2014 9:45 pm  #402

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I won a cruise!!

Congrats, sounds great!
Where to?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 30, 2014 10:35 pm  #403

To Oslo Norway, I just booked it with my best friend! I can't wait!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 31, 2014 7:40 am  #404

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

To Oslo Norway, I just booked it with my best friend! I can't wait!

That's amazing! Enjoy!!! Oslo is such a wonderful place. I've been there this summer and fell in love with it.

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

October 31, 2014 7:52 am  #405

Fantastic trip, really. Wish you a good time in Oslo.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 31, 2014 8:20 am  #406

Thanks! It's just what I need! And it's perfect timing I'll get to see Oslo around Christmas time!

I just have a slight problem ordering my ticket....my friend has an insanely long name and there weren't enough characters to fill in her front names... 

A lot of people won the cruice tickets I found out... but a lot of people were unlucky and had to pay extra fees when booking. I haven't paid a cent! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 11, 2014 7:31 pm  #407

My work place struck world fame after BBC Health posted an article about us that came in top 10 of most read articles from them worldwide. 

I am so happy and proud, I hope this will help us get the funding we need! 

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-29755469

(And I had a part in getting the statistics, doing a lot of the legwork)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 11, 2014 8:52 pm  #408

Congrats, Phantom, I think you all are doing great job with dealing with this problem 

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

November 12, 2014 3:45 am  #409

Cool!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 12, 2014 10:09 pm  #410

Congrats!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 14, 2014 2:47 pm  #411

Good social media week for me! Facebook and Twitter can be lovely places...sometimes! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 14, 2014 4:01 pm  #412

Davina wrote:

Good social media week for me! Facebook and Twitter can be lovely places...sometimes!

That's nice to hear, Davina. I'm happy for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 15, 2014 10:57 am  #413

Thank you.  Now if FB would just stop messing about with limiting reach for my Horse Tribe page I'll be a totally happy bunny! 

November 15, 2014 11:11 am  #414

Sorry, Davina, possibly a bit of a boring techy question but I don't really understand that.
What do you mean 'limit reaching'?
I don't do FB that much.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 15, 2014 12:46 pm  #415

With pages they want the Admin/owner to pay for advertising. Therefore they use algorithms to limit the reach of anything posted. That is why people are so keen for posts to be 'liked' for pages. Otherwise you find that with (as in my case) over 3,000 people who like your actual page, the reach is sometimes limited to as low as 150! Things like clicking not to see a post or posts also affects their calculations. I absolutely refuse to pay to advertise (my business doesn't make enough profit for that) and many other pages are fan and community pages, not businesses, so why should they have to pay to advertise? My posts are not generally adverts- although sometimes I do put on a recent order etc.- but more to entertain and uplift (hopefully). Generally the same as I put on My Twitter account (which I know you follow and sometimes retweet or favourite). 

Aside from that: Sean Patrick Flanery and Josh McDermitt are amongst my favourite FB/Twitter folk at the moment.

November 15, 2014 12:58 pm  #416

Oh I see, yes I tend to like pages if people ask for it and I'm happy to retweet you.
I don't know either of those Twitter accounts.
But then I've been at my follow limit for a while now.

Last edited by besleybean (November 15, 2014 12:59 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 16, 2014 1:04 pm  #417

Now I have also had another comment favourited on Twitter  by Sean's dog (she was a rescue and has a torn ear). Her name is Donut! Awww!  I love some of the things you find on Twitter BB! 

November 16, 2014 1:14 pm  #418

I like to retweet on a variety of topics of interest to me...
But many don't like the fan girl stuff...
And I irritate the heck out of many fan girls!

November 17, 2014 7:56 am  #419

Seriously though...if I see one more bloody tweet about 1D I will, quite possibly, scream out loud! 

November 17, 2014 5:16 pm  #420

Tee Hee.

Board footera