BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 29, 2014 7:01 pm  #21

Re: Key word?

He also lost a son in WWI and was in fragile state of mind after that. Believed anything that would give him hope that his beloved one did not depart forever.
Sad, actually. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 29, 2014 7:05 pm  #22

Even worse that pariahs prey on such vulnerable people.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 29, 2014 7:06 pm  #23

Yes, I suppose so.  It's terrible that people take advantage of grief in that way, to con people.  (Sorry, didn't see your post when I posted mine, Besleybean - I didn't mean to just repeat your comment!). 

Belief does seem to be partly a choice, funnily enough, and I can see how somebody could easily be swayed towards believing what they wanted to believe.  The fairies did seem such an obvious hoax, though. 

Last edited by Liberty (October 29, 2014 7:16 pm)

October 29, 2014 7:21 pm  #24

tonnaree wrote:

Isn't "ghosts" also a term that can refer to "spies?"   Just a thought.

Close--spies are called "spooks".

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

October 29, 2014 7:28 pm  #25

Maybe Sherlock and John are on the right track...

Oh, just noticed the boys slipped the plural "s". But hopefully, you get the idea. You could always add a  "...,silly" or "...,stupid". (Which, in case of Mrs Hudson, would be a bit rude...)

Last edited by tobeornot221b (October 30, 2014 4:51 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 29, 2014 7:42 pm  #26

Perfect tobe! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 30, 2014 2:29 am  #27

Greg Has Only Seven Teeth!!  I love that one!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

October 30, 2014 5:14 am  #28

I am sure the boys will figure it out for us in time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 30, 2014 1:19 pm  #29

Maybe each of the 3, in Series 4, are ghosts of different people's past.  And if the X-Mas special is counted as a 4th show in Series 4, then maybe it starts there.  Maybe the last show in the series ties them all together, with bits of them linked.
The League of Gentlemen did that with their 3rd Series, I believe.  It was very cleverly tied together!

October 30, 2014 1:22 pm  #30

tobeornot221b wrote:

Maybe Sherlock and John are on the right track...

Oh, just noticed the boys slipped the plural "s". But hopefully, you get the idea. You could always add a  "...,silly" or "...,stupid". (Which, in case of Mrs Hudson, would be a bit rude...)

Paramount, tobe!!!
The boys are the best to solve this ... clue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 30, 2014 1:33 pm  #31

Why did I see this just now, tobe? Hilarious!   

But actually, it is a cry for help 

Gosh, Help Our Sexual Tension Soonest!

Last edited by Harriet (October 30, 2014 1:34 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 30, 2014 1:35 pm  #32

Harriet, did Mark really had this in his mind???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

October 30, 2014 1:37 pm  #33

Uh, yes, why not? 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 30, 2014 1:39 pm  #34

Right ... it's okay for me.

(Tony Hadley)

October 30, 2014 3:30 pm  #35

Harriet, your spoiler is priceless!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 30, 2014 5:32 pm  #36

Ghosts... I am leaning towards the Mary theories...

But I'm clueless about ACD...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 30, 2014 9:30 pm  #37

Greg Has Obviously Slept Too Soundly

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 31, 2014 11:55 am  #38

I love it!

But who's Greg?? Don't you mean Graham? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 1, 2014 4:30 am  #39

Gay Humour On Sherlock Turns Serious.
Enter Victor Trevor...ghost of lovers past?
SH "...the world is big enough for us already Watson.Ghosts need not apply! '

November 1, 2014 9:22 am  #40

How very fitting, lil 

Board footera