BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 29, 2014 6:37 pm  #1

Vicious (ITV)

Has anyone seen "Vicious" with Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi? There's just one series yet more next year.It's really good (well two theatre legends!) 

Sir Ian said in several interviews that he had a crush on Sir Derek when they were in Cambridge.  That's so cute.

Last edited by Ivy (October 30, 2014 8:48 am)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 29, 2014 6:46 pm  #2

Re: Vicious (ITV)

I've seen it!  It got very mixed reviews, but I loved it!  The humour is quite old-fashioned (as suits the characters and the setting - it's a bit like watching an old 70s TV show) and not at all PC - prepare to be mildly offended .  The wonderful Frances de la Tour stole just about every scene that she was in, which is saying something when she was up against McKellen and Jacobi! 

Last edited by Liberty (October 29, 2014 6:48 pm)

October 30, 2014 2:40 am  #3

Re: Vicious (ITV)

I saw many of the episodes and really got a kick out of it. I mean, how can you go wrong with Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi in the leads.  They could read the back of a cereal box and make it funny, interesting, pithy, exciting, etc. I watched it because of them.

Last edited by KeepersPrice (October 30, 2014 2:41 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

Board footera