BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 9, 2014 10:45 pm  #281

Re: National Theatre "Live"- Frankenstein

It looks like the whole Poland can see Frankenstein this autumn  There is another screening, in Kino Kijów in Cracow (the cinema where the meeting with Benedict was on May) on 6th November, with Benedict as Frankenstein. I'm so happy this is happening, I can only dream the same thing happens with Hamlet in the future.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

October 10, 2014 7:46 am  #282

Agree, seeing Hamlet - that would be something. Well, fingers crossed. And this time I won't miss it like I did with Frankenstein 

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

October 10, 2014 7:49 am  #283

That such a good news! I´m so envious of you.
Why don´t I live closer to the Polish borders?!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 15, 2014 8:17 pm  #284

I GOT A TICKET!!!!!!!

Last year the closest it came to me was in another state!  Checked again just for the hell of it and suddenly there are screenings all over Atlanta!  Plus, I was able to get a screening with Ben as the creature!!

So happy I can't think straight!!

asdfghjkl

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 15, 2014 8:26 pm  #285

Yay congrats!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 15, 2014 9:19 pm  #286

tonnaree, that's wonderful! When will you see it?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 15, 2014 9:26 pm  #287

October 27th.  *bouncing with excitment*

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 15, 2014 9:33 pm  #288

Oh, that's quite soon! Have a wonderful evening - well, I'm sure you will.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

October 17, 2014 10:47 am  #289

Congrats, tonnaeree!
If I'm lucky, I'll see the play with Benedict as Creature, too, in December!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

October 17, 2014 1:08 pm  #290

I bought my ticket today! I'm soooo happy and excited.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

October 25, 2014 4:22 am  #291

I will be seeing Ben as the Creature on October 30!  I bought my ticket a few weeks ago and I am so psyched.  There are just two screenings in Tucson, Arizona, where I now live, and there is less than a week remaining until I see the show again.

It was just over two years ago (I think--correct me if I'm wrong!) that I first met Keeper's Price at a screening where Ben was the Doctor.  I'd driven over two hours to get to the theater and had arranged to meet KP there.  She was the first--and so far only--board member I have met.  I'm no longer in the same state as you, KP, but I hope you get to see the show this time around, too.

And if there are any board members in Arizona who would like to meet up sometime, just let me know!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

October 25, 2014 11:55 pm  #292

I remember that day fondly, Sherli.  Damn the state of Arizona for luring you out there. .  We could be watching it again in Burlington, Ma. this coming week.  Well, have fun watching Ben as the creature.  Miss you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

October 26, 2014 7:33 am  #293

Hey, you're only about 2,600 miles away, KP--there's still time to fly out and get a ticket to the show here!    But if not, I'm so glad you have the chance to see it in MA: Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

October 27, 2014 11:06 am  #294

Today I'm going to watch Benedict as Creature in Hamburg (Savoy Theater). In two weeks (on 10 November) I will see him as Victor Frankenstein. I'm very excited! I'm reading the novel at the moment but unfortunately I'm not finished yet. I'm just at the beginning. But hopefully I will be finished until 10 November. Is somebody else from the forum going to Frankenstein today or on 10 November?

Last edited by Steph (October 27, 2014 12:45 pm)

October 27, 2014 12:23 pm  #295

I'm not, but I wish you a wonderful evening! I'm sure you will love it. 

October 27, 2014 12:25 pm  #296

I'm going tonight to see Ben as the creature.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 27, 2014 12:28 pm  #297

Enjoy!

I'm gonna see Ben as creature on 12 November.

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

October 27, 2014 1:45 pm  #298

I'm going to see it at the Savoy in Hamburg tonight. Anyone up for a meeting before the screening? If my train is not late I will probably arrive at the cinema around 7pm.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

October 27, 2014 2:20 pm  #299

I'm arriving at 7:10 pm at central station. So I'm probably at the cinema at about 7:20 pm. I will wear a Sherlock t-shirt (this one http://www.redbubble.com/people/cumberqueen/works/8669652-i-love-sherlock?p=t-shirt). So how can I recognise you, diva?

October 27, 2014 2:37 pm  #300

I'll be wearing a red velvet shirt and a bright red coat (a bit similar to Mary's coat but I bought it years ago with no intention to imitate her looks). See you there.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

Board footera