BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 24, 2014 10:17 pm  #1

Heya!

Hello! Lurking lady here, and after doing that for some time, I decided to join 

I am probably one of the oldest ones here, possibly the oldest?  (Yeh, I'm not telling!)

I'm a huge fan of the tv-series Sherlock. I don't know how many times I've watched each episode, but it's not few! That's the beauty of this show, that you can watch and rewatch and see new things.
I am also a fan of Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories. I read them all and loved them when I was younger, and I'm rediscovering them now.

I am also a big fan of Benedict Cumberbatch. I have watched almost everything he's been in, and he continues to amaze me with his acting skills, his commitment and presence. And I can't deny that I'm also completely charmed by the personality he shows, and how funny he is 
Allright then, his looks too. 

Actually, having had a terrible year this past year, being a fan of Sherlock and of Benedict at a distance has given me a lot of joy and a form of escapism that I've really needed. 

I live in the North of Europe.
A few weeks ago I visited London, and I watched 'The imitation game' at the London Film Festival.
To anyone waiting to see it, I can just say - it will be worth the wait. It's a fantastic film, and Benedict is great in it. It's a film that lingers, and I can't wait to see it again.

I was also at the red carpet at the premiere, standing maybe 6-7 meters away from Benedict while he was being interviewed, which was fun  

While in London, I went to the National Theatre's archive and watched 'Frankenstein'. We watched both versions, and man! What a play and what a performance. That is also something that lingers, and I'm going back to watch it again when I go back to London, hopefully soon.
We also watched 'After the dance' there, in which he is also GREAT.
He's just a fabulous actor 

I'm an aspiring writer, and obviously a big fan of Moffat and Gatiss' writings for Sherlock.
IRL I work in an office 

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all 

October 24, 2014 10:25 pm  #2

Re: Heya!

Very nice to meet you, Sherloh!

The oldest?  Here are quite some elderly ladies, but I guess not one already retired ...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 25, 2014 3:57 am  #3

Hi there!  Sounds like you're in the right place.  Welcome!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 25, 2014 10:05 am  #4

Thank you, guys! 

October 25, 2014 11:17 am  #5

Welcome to the forum, Sherloh! Have a great time here!

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

October 25, 2014 12:35 pm  #6

Hello and welcome! What a nice and thorough introduction. Sorry to hear you had some terrible times, hopefully the now and the future looks brighter for you. Glad to hear you could enjoy some "treats" while being in London. 

October 25, 2014 8:25 pm  #7

Welcome and have a great time here!

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

October 26, 2014 12:08 pm  #8

Thanks for the welcome 

October 27, 2014 10:27 am  #9

Also a warm welcome from me, Sherloh! I'm also a big fan of Benedict and wished I could have joined you on the red carpet of the premiere of "The Imitation Game" and see Benedict in Person. That sounds really awesome! I wish I would live in London because there is so much going on there (premieres, theatre performances with famous British actors and actresses, exhibitions (like the "Sherlock" exhibition at the moment) etc.).

I can understand that being a fan of Sherlock and of Benedict has given you a lot of joy and a form of escapism. I feel exactly the same! Sherlock and also Benedict give me such strength and show me that it's okay who I am and that I should come out of my shell more often. I'm working on that. Benedict is a role model for me because he doesn't care what anybody else is thinking of him - he's just himself.
I'm looking forward to see Benedict in person as Hamlet next year in London. That will be exciting!

October 29, 2014 9:49 pm  #10

Hello and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you will be a real asset! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 2, 2014 11:27 am  #11

Hiya and sorry for the late response -- really busy week 
(Why do we have to go to work, why can't we just stay home in front of our computers?) 

Thanks for the nice welcome 

Steph, I know what you mean.
I am seeing Hamlet next year too, btw. Looking forward to that!

November 2, 2014 11:32 am  #12

Hello and a very warm welcome to the board!

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

Board footera