BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 14, 2014 6:54 am  #34581

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

But especially in this pic it seems to me like he is 28 not 38 years old. What is no problem at all of course. Just my opinion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 14, 2014 7:30 am  #34582

And I just LOVE this!!!
http://anindoorkitty.tumblr.com/post/99979045319/sherlock-undercover-like-a-dragon-flexing-his

And I absolutely agree with the comment under those gifs:
He so knows what he’s doing…Another thing that really sets him apart from his contemporaries. He can work a photo shoot like a super model. Not many other actors can do it to that level of sophistication and seductiveness. 

Last edited by gently69 (October 14, 2014 7:31 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

October 14, 2014 9:21 am  #34583

He's got such a presence and charisma, in front of every camera, may it be for a film or a photoshoot. Of course he knows what he's doing and how this affects people looking at it... sexy b******...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 14, 2014 10:09 am  #34584

This man is a very personification of charisma.
It comes as naturally to him as breathing.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 14, 2014 10:20 am  #34585

nakahara wrote:

It comes as naturally to him as breathing.

Words of wisdom!!!!!!!!!!!

(Tony Hadley)

October 14, 2014 10:27 am  #34586

Liberty wrote:

I think so too. There are certain shots and parts where he looks young (for instance, in Third Star he sometimes looks a little younger), but mostly he looks his age. 38 really isn't that old, and being silm with a full head of hair helps!  I think he'll age very nicely. 

Well, he WAS a lot younger in some of his movies. For instance, Hawking was 10 years ago, Amazing Grace was 8, and Third Star almost 5, as was his earliest Sherlock episodes. And, I might add, very pretteh at every age! Yum.

Last edited by ancientsgate (October 14, 2014 10:29 am)

October 14, 2014 12:08 pm  #34587

SolarSystem wrote:

He's got such a presence and charisma, in front of every camera, may it be for a film or a photoshoot. Of course he knows what he's doing and how this affects people looking at it... sexy b******...

I think tere is a funny controversy in it. On the same time he poses fully aware of his charisma and plays the camera like noone else but still he can't understand why the world sees him as a sexgod and that he is corgeous.

October 14, 2014 12:12 pm  #34588

Edgeucated wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

I think tere is a funny controversy in it. On the same time he poses fully aware of his charisma and plays the camera like noone else but still he can't understand why the world sees him as a sexgod and that he is corgeous.

How very true.
Still, it´s that genuine modesty which makes Ben so endearing and sympathetic.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 14, 2014 12:14 pm  #34589

To be honest, I seriously doubt that he really doesn't understand it. He might say so in public - and what else should he say? "Oh yeah, of course I'm sexy and I know it!"...? I think he is clever enough to understand it.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

October 14, 2014 12:26 pm  #34590

That may be true, but the modesty in Ben´s case feels very genuine. Even when he is a good actor, I think we would already feel something off if this modesty and slight self-depreciation were just an act. Something about him would ring false.

Also, the person usually percieves his/her own imperfections more acutely than other people who only meet him/her for a while. That´s why he/she can be admired and still be unsure about him/herself.

October 14, 2014 12:51 pm  #34591

The day I hear him acknowledge his sex bomb-edness is the day I lose interest.  I love his humility. The day he takes any of that seriously is going to be a sad one.  His career is made on his talent, he knows that, the other stuff is just extra.  Does he know what he does to us? Oh yeah. So do his friends. I laughed out loud at Matthew Goode's comment about him, "and he's an animal lover, emphasis on the "animal"". Giggling at why he might say that....

"A true friend stabs you in the front" - Oscar Wilde

October 14, 2014 1:04 pm  #34592

I think it's something in between. He can't deny that he is a handsome man. He has to know that. Everthing else is unrealistic.
But I believe that he still is irritated when being described as sexy in public.

(Tony Hadley)

October 14, 2014 1:19 pm  #34593

gently69 wrote:

And I just LOVE this!!!
http://anindoorkitty.tumblr.com/post/99979045319/sherlock-undercover-like-a-dragon-flexing-his

And I absolutely agree with the comment under those gifs:
He so knows what he’s doing…Another thing that really sets him apart from his contemporaries. He can work a photo shoot like a super model. Not many other actors can do it to that level of sophistication and seductiveness. 

*spills hot coffee in lap*
*doesn't care*
*thud*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 14, 2014 1:32 pm  #34594

gently69 wrote:

I think it's something in between. He can't deny that he is a handsome man. He has to know that. Everthing else is unrealistic.
But I believe that he still is irritated when being described as sexy in public.

I can't say as I blame him there, because it not only objectifies him but makes his work seem reductive and less important, and I do believe he takes the greatest pride in the quality of his work, how he looks is not relevant to that.  A very nice plus for the rest of us though.

October 14, 2014 1:39 pm  #34595

OUT magazine cover. Yowza

October 14, 2014 1:43 pm  #34596

That's a gay magazine, isn't it? Is it in the shops already?
I think I will have a look tomorrow at Heathrow.

(Tony Hadley)

October 14, 2014 2:04 pm  #34597

That photo on the contents page just kills me.
How can one man look so perfect, yet so civil at the same time?

October 14, 2014 2:05 pm  #34598

Well, I guess we're all pretty much on the same page here. I'd never expect him (or want him) to acknowledge in public that there is much more to him than just his acting talents. But he knows. Of course he does. Whenever he sets foot onto a red carpet the fans go absolutely crazy - and of course he is aware of the fact that they're not just going crazy because he is such a fine actor.
I guess we don't really have to talk about the fact that for him other things are far more important though.

October 14, 2014 2:07 pm  #34599

There's more...

October 14, 2014 2:14 pm  #34600

Ahhh.. The eyes.....slay me.......

Board footera